“Good food but rather loud.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Havana Rumba LLC

Havana Rumba LLC
4115 Oechsli Ave, Louisville, KY 40207-5022 (East Louisville)
502-897-1959
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,518 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: Havana Rumba is a trip to the Caribbean no passport required. Join the Cuban party without having to break the travel restrictions. Buen provecho!
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Good food but rather loud.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I love the pork dishes here but ordered steak last time I was here. It was so-so. The tapas is usually good and you get a fair portion, enough for 2 to share.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“finally a caipirinha”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

new years eve dinner very good and finally had a good caipirinha, chicken with sofrito was ok, beef chimichurri was excellant

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“The only Cuban food in Louisville... and it's awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Havana Rumba is our go to place when we have out of town guests. The food is always excellent. My favorites are the Vaca Frita and Masas de Puerco. The first is beef and the second is pork. Both come with rice/beans and another side like plantains or yuca. It gets very noisy in the place and the constant drumbeat in the music can be annoying. But, it's the great food that makes HR a Louisville favorite!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“The food is excellent, but the noise!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We really enjoy the food at Havana Rhumba, but have to finish eating at 8:00, because that's when it gets REALLY loud. It is a loud restaurant at any time, but we often won't go there because of the decibel level.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just as good as Tampa, Florida ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I grew up in Tampa, Florida where Cuban cuisine abounds. After moving to the Midwest, I have come to miss Cuban food as much (or more) than the warm Florida weather. When I saw this restaurant as we were traveling through, I had to give it a try.
Oh my! It was so good! We had the beef empanadas for an appetizer- incredible! The bread they served before dinner had me worried just a bit, as it was not authentic. For dinner, I had the lechon asado- so good. My husband had the chicken with potatoes (he can't remember the name) and I think I would get that next time as it was wonderful. My kids all had Cuban sandwiches and they were to die for. The bread on the sandwiches was authentic Cuban bread. My only regret is that we didn't order extra sandwiches to eat at home the next day.