“WOW!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Havana Rumba LLC

Havana Rumba LLC
4115 Oechsli Ave, Louisville, KY 40207-5022 (East Louisville)
502-897-1959
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,519 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: Havana Rumba is a trip to the Caribbean no passport required. Join the Cuban party without having to break the travel restrictions. Buen provecho!
Atlanta, Georgia
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Believing fellow reviewers' comments, we went there when visited Louisville. Oh My Gosh!!!

Food was super delicious! Waitress very friendly, atmosphere simple, inviting. I'm in love with this place. Too bad it is too far from Chicago. So what did we eat?

Appetizer - Empanadas de Pollo - Divine!!!

Main:

1. Ensalada Tropical with Chicken - delicious. But, ask them to toss it. I assumed they would, did not ask. It was not tossed.

2. Vaca Frita - OMG!!!

3. My daughter had Caesar Salad. Was very good, but you can have Caesar anywhere, really

4. Pescado a la Parilla - Swai fish was done brilliantly.

Dessert - Tres Leches - Three milk cake. Probably my new most favorite cake. Very moist and delicious.

All in all, this is a gem in Louisville, greatly hidden in a small shopping center. Will not miss anytime I'm there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Louis, Missouri
“I'm so glad we listened to all the great reviews.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nobody in our party had ever had Cuban food before. We tried this restaurant simply because of the reviews we had read. We sat outside on their covered patio and dug into the adventure of new cuisine. It was fantastic! I ended up trying multiple dishes because everyone at our table swore that the meal they chose was "the best". My favorite ended up being the delicious and reasonably priced sandwich that bares the same name as the establishment.

Visited July 2013
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
“Yum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you like Cuban food, don't miss this restaurant!! If you've never tried Cuban food, don't miss this restaurant!! Service was great, food was better than any Cuban food I've had, even in Miami. Authentic, delicious, and worth every cent. Loved it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“YUMM!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I chose to dine at this restaurant with my family while we very visiting Louisville. We were told there would be a 20 minute wait but were seated in a about 5 minutes! The menu is huge with lots of options. Our server was not ver friendly. We ordered the Cuban Sampler as an appetizer. It was very flavorful and delicious! I ordered the Steak Chimichurri it was great it came with a red and green chimichurri sauce, white rice and fried plantians. Both of my parents dishes were also very good! The food was excellent, but the service could use work.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“A real gem in a strip mall in the suburbs near shopping malls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Totally unexpected place. Near Oxmoor Mall and St Matthews Mall - in a strip mall where you'd expect second rate food at best. But nay nay -- first rate Cuban food. The salads especially good. Service is fast prompt and knowledgable. The portions are large. Overall a really good place. The crowd is diverse and friendly -- mainly locals. Not a fancy room but perfectly good and suits the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere