“not a good place to stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Woodhaven

Save Saved
You added Inn at Woodhaven to your Saves list
Inn at Woodhaven
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   401 South Hubbards Lane, Louisville, KY 40207 (East Louisville)   |
Special Offer
Kentucky Bourbon Sampler
Ranked #11 of 17 Louisville B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“not a good place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2005

My wife and i were trying to stay here over valentines day weekend and when we went to check in they told us a couple was staying and the husband had to hospitalized, and that the room would not be available. This was on Valentines weekend. They gave us no notice at all, and didnt even tell me this until we arrived. Our entire Valentines day was ruined. I understand the situation of the other guest but this was a holiday weekend. It also makes me skeptical that someone else left a similar review and had the exact same problem?? If you have a reservation at woodhaven i would make sure you have an alternate plan. We have stayed at many hotels and bed and breakfast and this has NEVER happened before. There are lots of other B & B's in town. I would recommend staying somewhere else because it doesnt seem that a reservation means much to them.

mabb, owner and manager at Inn at Woodhaven, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
This guest and her friends booked two rooms for one Sunday night and asked for an early check in. Two days before their arrival they cancelled one room. Then later the same day they called to say they would be coming from a Civil War renactment in town and would have been camping and cooking over an open fire for two days and needed to come even earlier than they had mentioned before. Our normal check in is 3pm or later but quiet often we can have a room ready by 1pm.
She said they now needed to be here by noon so they could bathe and get ready to go to lunch. They also wanted to have the friends who had cancelled the room use the shower and whirlpool too.
I told her it would probably not be ready until 1pm. at the earliest as our guests from the night before did not have to check out until noon.
She said if the room was not ready they would all sit in our parlor and wait. She even mentioned that they would be pretty smelly and dirty from the two days at the reenactment and she hoped they would not make a too big of a mess in our room.
I became concerned about the parlor furniture and the other guests ....and the silk bedspread etc in the room that four people were now going to use. So I called her right back and left a message that we would only be able to accommodate the two people registered for the room.
I did not hear back from them until they arrived two days later.
Since we were very busy checking people out from the night before and trying to get all of our rooms back in order, I left a note on the door for her. We were happy to have her stay and check in 3 hours early and even take the risk of linens being ruined. But the extra two were more than the room could handle.
They refused that option so I called and found them a room around the corner from us at a very nice hotel.
I love historic reenactments and have demonstrated hearth cooking myself at a historic home here in Louisville.

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Teutopolis, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

A quick trip to Louisville had me search on line for a B&B...Woodhaven looked so charming, and to see it in person was so much better. Everything was perfect, the decor, the rooms, the wonderful food, the after-dinner drinks and candy everywhere!! Who could ask for more?...I couldn't! My husband and I are now totally hooked on B&Bs...thank you Woodhaven staff...we had a fabulous time...hope to return when the Christmas decor is up!!

• Stayed October 2004
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2004

We received a night here as a Christmas gift. We tried to book it twice, but bad luck kept arising. One time, one of the couple staying there had to be hospitalized. The owner, Marsha, didn't want to make the wife leave. She kindly offered to honor our gift certificate at any time. We stayed in the carriage house in the Derby Room. Tall ceilings, bright and cheerful, exposed brick- very pleasant. Breakfast was delicious, service was gracious. This property is different as it's the only period home outside of downtown Louisville used as a B&B. It is in the east end of Louisville, about a 10 min drive to the airport or downtown, but very close to the city's 2 large Malls, the Mall of St Matthews and Oxmoor Center. It is surrounded by apartments, as very little of the existing land has been kept. However, there is a nice park across the street (Brown) with lovely walking trails. There are restaurants nearby in the Shelbyville Rd and Dupont Circle area. Brekfast was delicious and served in a cheerful dining room. Unlike some B&Bs, we had small individual tables, not banquet style. I also like the flexibility of eating at no set time. We didn't have the opportunity to see the other rooms, but hope to do so on our next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2004

I would recommend anyone going to Louisville to stay at Woodhaven. The rooms are wonderful and Marsha does a great job of having everything in the room. Always friendly, helpful, and the cookies are to die for. Breakfast is full of choices. The home furnishings are perfect with the house. Marsha has done a great job of making each room a private little retreat and you feel so welcome.

Been to Inn at Woodhaven? Share your experiences!