“Worse service than by the hour motels!” 1 of 5 stars

Value Place Brookridge Village
10400 Brookridge Village Blvd, Louisville, KY 40291 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #77 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Brownsville, Texas
“Worse service than by the hour motels!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just checked out on 05/19/13 after spending two weeks. Checked in Sunday on smoking room with very filthy carpet that smelled badly of beer. Move to a non-smoking on Monday. Door had a large gap, so every time a neighbor room door opened, my door will rattle noisily. People smoke at the door of stairs so the hall camera can't see them. On the second week I asked the front desk when they were going to clean the room. I was advised by a heavyset black woman that I will have to wait another two weeks. She told me that being in room for one day on my first week did not qualify me to have it cleaned on Tuesday the assigned cleaning day. When I told her that this was my second week, she told me that my even number room 226 was scheduled for the next week. Because the toilet bowl had a nasty pinkish ring, I asked if at least they could scrub the toilet, but she refused saying it would be clean the following week. They had me pay $100.00 for deposit.

Room Tip: Check room thoroughly. Avoid Value Place.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stay at value place now, and it is amazing! The staff is always kind to me, and they keep the place in great shape! Meagan was very welcoming when I first arrived there and the rest of the staff has been amazing along with her. I recommend this place to anyone who would like to stay for an extended period of time! And i also like that they have smoking rooms, but the floors that are smoking do not have an over powering smell of smoke. This is a great place!

Room Tip: If you want smoking fourth floor if you want non smoking first or second.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sayre, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We had reservations for 2 non-smoking rooms for over 5 months, even had a courtesy call from company verifying last week, and yet we arrive late and find one room is smoking, Since that was not acceptable to us and lobby and hallways reeked of smoke, we found ourselves scrambling for rooms elsewhere. No idea how a reservation confirmed can be suddenly gone without any notice, It's just as well as place is nothing but a smoker's dive and glad we didn't endanger our health with a 6-day stay.

• Stayed September 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

For the price of $199 a week, staying at this hotel is a good value. The halls are always clean, the rooms are in good order and clean. The beds could be better. The mattress is about 4 inches thick and some nights not as comfortable. The laundry facilities are a fair price. I like the friendliness of the staff and would recommend this hotel to my friends when they travel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is a very nice Value Place and is centrally located. The manager Karen and her staff are very friendly and always smiling. The property is very clean and the price of $199.00 per week is a great value. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for value as well as great customer service.

Room Tip: All rooms are studios with full kitchenettes.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hillsboro, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

internet doesnt work even after paying $10.00 . bed is a 4inch pad matress and no box spring its a 3/4 inch plywood not comfortable at all. service is rude. room wasnt ready when promised and after returning twice it still wasnt ready. refridge was running all night . shower drip all night .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

First off all you have to pay $10 a week for the internet and always have problems getting connected and the connection is slow. When you tell whoever is in the office they always say "well I'll have him go take a look at it and get back with you." They never get back with you. I have to try all day long to see if I have internet service. It takes hours. I mean like 8 - 10 hours before you get service. It is ridiculous. The TV service is direct TV I believe with only about 16 channels to pick from. Lost service from it a few times in the 2 months I've been here because of the wind and weather issues. Overall internet & tv service is the worst I have ever experienced. I stayed somewhere previous and the internet was free, no connection problems or speed issues and they had cable tv which is much nicer but they didn't have full size refrigerators. The other place had a coffee pot & dishes in the room at no extra charge, but here a coffee pot is $24.99 extra and dishes, pots & pans is $39.99 extra. I will be price checking and reviewing other places since I will be in a place like this for quite some time. One end of the building is well lit at night but the other end the security light is out and has been since I've been here. I have to come & go at night and do not feel safe walking from my vehicle to the building by myself. Took them a week to get a working stove top in the room. Beds are not comfortable and there is not one comfortable chair in the room. Refrigerator makes a noise that sounds like someone knocking on the door. Toliet is loose and feels like it is going to fall. I just think for what they charge you it's not much there for the money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Value Place Brookridge Village? Share your experiences!