“Internet & TV Services” 2 of 5 stars

10400 Brookridge Village Blvd, Louisville, KY 40291 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #81 of 96 hotels in Louisville
“Internet & TV Services”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

First off all you have to pay $10 a week for the internet and always have problems getting connected and the connection is slow. When you tell whoever is in the office they always say "well I'll have him go take a look at it and get back with you." They never get back with you. I have to try all day long to see if I have internet service. It takes hours. I mean like 8 - 10 hours before you get service. It is ridiculous. The TV service is direct TV I believe with only about 16 channels to pick from. Lost service from it a few times in the 2 months I've been here because of the wind and weather issues. Overall internet & tv service is the worst I have ever experienced. I stayed somewhere previous and the internet was free, no connection problems or speed issues and they had cable tv which is much nicer but they didn't have full size refrigerators. The other place had a coffee pot & dishes in the room at no extra charge, but here a coffee pot is $24.99 extra and dishes, pots & pans is $39.99 extra. I will be price checking and reviewing other places since I will be in a place like this for quite some time. One end of the building is well lit at night but the other end the security light is out and has been since I've been here. I have to come & go at night and do not feel safe walking from my vehicle to the building by myself. Took them a week to get a working stove top in the room. Beds are not comfortable and there is not one comfortable chair in the room. Refrigerator makes a noise that sounds like someone knocking on the door. Toliet is loose and feels like it is going to fall. I just think for what they charge you it's not much there for the money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This Value Place located at 10400 Brookridge Village Blvd, Louisville, Ky is excellent!!! The property offers 24 hour security, full kitchettes, guest laundry, very clean and excellent staff.
The property is just off the expressway (265) at exit 17 and is just minutes to everything in the city. There is lots of dinning in the area and just across the street from a Walmart and Krogers. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I was working on a contract, started as a 3-week deal. I ended up staying 11-weeks...and must say, for the price, modern features, quiet atmosphere, convenience to stores and facility support...you just can't beat them! The only bad thing I can begin to say, is that I wish they were in a LOT MORE CITIES!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

My stay at Value Place I found to be very affordable and convenient. Usually I go to a hotel just to sleep. The experience that I received at this hotel was like being at home but with perks. The staff was absolutely wonderful and did everything that they could to make me feel at home. Even though it is right off the expressway I found it to be a quiet and peaceful place to rejuvenate for the next day. There are restaurants and shopping so close that you could walk if you liked or if I didn't want to eat out I could cook a nice homecooked meal right there in my room. I would recommend that if you have to stay in Louisville for a week or more that you go here and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Cheapest rate / week, but can't prorate. Packed several people into their basic Studio room, including a queen blow up mattress which there's barely room for. All amenities were in good condition, but was a little annoyed that I had to rent a CAT5 Internet cable. Wireless internet was overloaded and unusable most of the time but wired connection acceptable.

It would have been nice to have a lobby to go hang out and read. There is nowhere to sit on campus, but fortunately there are several chain restaurants and a Wal-Mart half a mile down the road. Nice secluded location (safe for jogging) but also very close to the interstate.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Brookridge Village? Share your experiences!