There are not many decent dance clubs in Louisville. There are bars and there are live bands, but not many that really would appeal to a young cosmopolitan crowd.
The connection is a famously gay bar (in as much as 70% of the crowd here is exclusively gay). However the mix is eclectic and there are a lot of straight singles/couples that go here for the fun.
Let's list the fun things here now:
1) The numero uno reason to be here, is the music at the main dance hall. It ranges from good European trance, to modern rap, to hip hop to popular pop numbers. They frequently have house DJ's (when the cover charge is jacked up from a $5 to a $10). The sound boxes are good and well positioned. The dance floor is adequately big and has three raised podiums for the adventurous.
2) The second biggest attraction is defintely the drag show. It's one of a kind. This reminds me of a few I've seen in LA. In some of the gay bars on Santa Monica Blvd. I've never expected anything like this in Louisville! The performers are very talented. (Some of them have boobs that can put my girlfriend to shame !). The show is very captivating and very entertaining. There's one at 10:30, one at 12:30 and one at 2:30 (not sure about this timing). Each time there's a different performance, albeit the same artists. Just this show is well worth the cover charge.
3) The crowd. Young, eclectic, very energetic. One section of the club has male performers in the showers (for those inclined that way), who are very enthusiastic about showing their assets to anyone who wishes for it. The lighting inside is a flourescent blue.
The not so good:
1) The drinks are all cash only. The only ATM inside the club is of some hillbilly bank which will charge you 3.50 $ for every transaction you make. This is in addition to the money your bank will charge you (I got charged en extra 2 $ from BoA).
2) The only nights this club is good in is on Saturday. The other days are almost dead.