“Always LOVE the Homewood!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9401 Hurstbourne Trace, Louisville, KY 40222   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 95 hotels in Louisville
New York
“Always LOVE the Homewood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Once again, the Homewood exceeded expectations! I have stayed in at least 10 different Homewood properties, and have never been disappointed. Karen at the front desk gave us a warm welcome upon check-in, and was very friendly and informative. Each time she saw us during our 3 day stay, she asked how we liked our rooms and if we needed anything. This was my brother and sister-in-law's first experience in this type of hotel, and they were thrilled. The rooms were spotless, as always. Everything was in perfect working order, the manager's reception and breakfasts were great. The property is beautifully maintained, inside and out. We were in town for the Street Rod Nationals, and brought our classic cars with us. Upon check-in, we mentioned that the cars got dirty en-route, and within 10 minutes, the maintenance man placed a hose, bucket and towels outdoors for our use. We have no complaints whatsoever, and will return and recommend. Also, if you are searching for a restaurant, consider avoiding the traffic....turn left out of the hotel onto N. Hurstbourne and follow it to the intersection of Westport Road. Lots of options...minimal traffic!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

A pretty good experience with a couple of exceptions. The exceptions were 1) the toilet that filled the tank periodically due to a leaky flapper valve keeping my wife awake, 2) the room key that wouldn't work even after being reprogrammed or replaced, and 3) the blast of cold water right in the chest from the shower (not enough directions on how to run these new fangled showers). Breakfast was a little disappointing due to watery scrambled eggs and too much salt/seasoning on the potatos. Night manager was helpful with the room key but when we mentioned these items during checkout, we were told the manager would contact us to discuss them. Never happened. I expect better treatment at a Hilton.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ChrisAGM, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

The staff is extremely friendly and makes you feel right at home. The rooms are clean and the halls are quiet. If I am ever back in Louisville, this is the place for me!

Thanks

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011 via mobile

My mom and I meet here at least twice a year to shop. The front desk staff is the most hospitable that I've ever seen. The meals are great and the breakfast staff is so helpful and kind. I would not think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2010
Centerville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way from Ohio to Indiana. I am a super clean freak; my husband and two children anticipate us moving once or twice at a hotel due to odd smells or issues with the cleanliness. The one bedroom king suite was clean and the bed was so comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The pool and hot tub were clean and well cared for. The complimentary hot breakfast was also very nice. I will now seek out Homewood Suites anytime we travel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

We were passing through for the night and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel! Everything was clean and well maintained, staff was friendly and helpful. We traveled with two teenage girls, the size of the bathroom was a bonus!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Another great hotel in Louisville area. My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I have stayed in other homewood suites and their beds are not as comfy as Hampton inn, but this hotel has better bed. Within walking distance to Jason Deli and they always have light manager reception M-Th. If you don't like what they offer, there're plenty of restaurants nearby or use the kitchen in your room which i did during my stay. Hotel gave me a pass to Urban Active during my stay which was really nice. The lady @ front desk (Karen) who checked me in and out was very nice. Overal it was a pleasant stay and will definitely be back when I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!