“Classy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Eaton, Ohio
“Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown Louisville this past weekend and all I can say is this place is CLASSY! From the moment you walk in to the lobby until the time you check out, you feel first class. I loved the layout of the suite. There were 4 of us and we comfortably stayed in a Studio Suite. The kitchenette had a full size refrigerator, microwave, 2 stove burners, and a dishwasher. My daughter said the sofa bed was the most comfortable sofa bed that she has slept in. We were able to enjoy the indoor pool and hot tub which was very relaxing. The continental breakfast was stocked with make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pastries, oatmeal, with juice and coffee. We went to the Louisville Bats/Cincinnati Reds exhibition baseball game. The hotel is only a block a way which was very convinent. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you Residence Inn!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you and your family enjoyed your stay.

My staff and I truly appreciate your feedback as it is our goal to make every guest stay a memorable one.

We hope to see you again in your future travels.

Warm regrads,
Mark Kirsch-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was a wonderful experience .from check in to check out . The staff was great from the manager to house keeping . Any questions I had they were prepared from great dining to great night life. They had maps and were very sweet .So if u have a trip planned to Louisville ky . Planned. THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in front side of hotel due to noise in rooms close to upper parking deck
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Mr Strickland,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It truly is our goal to make sure every guest has a great stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon in your future travels.

warm regards,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Had to come into town for family member having surgery. They day of the surgery was a very long and tiring day. We came back to the hotel to a wonderful Free comfort food dinner! Thank you! We will stay at this hotel again. It brought a pleasant end to a stressful day. Thank you again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Glioness,

We are so glad to hear that you were able to relax at our property after a stressful day.

We hope to see you agin in the near future and as always thank you for your business!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed here for two days while attending events at the University of Louisville. This was my first trip to Louisville and I'm so glad I stayed here! When I checked in I asked for some restaurants in walking distance...I didn't just get suggestions, I got recommendations and two excellent maps of downtown! I checked in on Valentine's Day and when I got to my room there was a chocolate heart waiting for me on my desk! The service was absolutely top notch, everything was clean and inviting, and the breakfast was delicious! I loved my room and really loved coming "home" to it each day. You can't beat the location, either! You're in walking distance from the Nulu district downtown and the Louisville Bat Stadium is just a few blocks away. Other restaurants, the University of Louisville, and museums are minutes away by car! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Louisville!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Suzustar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay we are so glad to hear we exceeded your expecations. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.

warm regards,

Mark Kirsch-GM.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is my first visit to Louisville, Kentucky. I had picked this hotel as it was close to the place I was visiting. We arrived just after a storm and the place is still thick with ice. The receptionist at the hotel was warm and made up for the cold outside. Check-in was quick and we were up in our room is less than 10 minutes.
We had dinner is the nearly Baseball Stadium restaurant and again the receptionist was really helpful in pointing out the direction.
The breakfast is a full hot breakfast. It is enough to give one a good start for the day. In the evening there are hot food and snacks to tide you in before dinner.
The room was clean and large. It has a kitchenette but I didn't use it except to make coffee. I slept well in the 3 nights I was there.
The gym was well equipped and they even had an indoor pool. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use them.
I will go back to this hotel. The only negative is that they charge $10 for parking each night. I wish they would not. The rate is already US$160 per night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
KL Cheah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

We are so glad to hear that your first trip to our city and our property was an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing in Louisville and our property in the near future and as always thank you for your business!

Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed one night on our way further south, it was so nice we are going back for a long weekend. The rooms are wonderful and very clean. From the hotel you can walk to the river park and all the trendy bars. It is easy on easy off from 69, the only thing to watch for is the parking it's under the building and it is not clear where you park to check in. There is a strange little side drive in the front of the building you can park there and go in the door to check in. Once your checked in it's no big deal and very convenient to get in and out from under the building.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Kathy,

My team and i are so excited that you had a great stay and even more excited to hear you will be returning soon.

It is our goal to ensure every guest has a perfect stay and we are so glad that we hit a homerun during your stay.

Safe travels and thank you for your business!

Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

WOW! Ready for a long review? Let's do this: I haven't had a hotel stay that was this pleasant in a long time. Thank you so much, Residence Inn! Your hotel was clean, well-staffed, convenient, and offered a 5-star experience. This hotel has it right.

First, the location was awesome. It was easy to get to from the highway (I came from the east), there is a spot right outside the front door for you to park and check-in, and the parking garage is attached to the building and has easy in/out access. Also, the parking lot is attached to the building on both levels and I felt extremely safe. The lot is permit only, so it's monitored ($10/night to park--not bad!). The hotel isn't right in the "heart of downtown" (think museum row, 4th street live, etc.), but having stayed at the Galt House, Seelbach, Brown Hotel, and Hyatt Regency, I'm going to have to say the Residence Inn takes it on ease of parking and convenience. I could walk from my car and get to my room in under 2 minutes.

Next, the staff is amazing. Every staffer I met was kind, knowledgeable, and smiling. Even the housekeeping crew said hi and smiled! The man that checked me in last Friday night was incredible and so hospitable. When my ice maker wasn't working, he kindly got me a bag of ice from the kitchen downstairs and apologized for the inconvenience. He was great at directing me where to park, how to get to my room, and answering any question I had. On Saturday morning, the front desk attendant was able to give me directions to where I was heading.

On to the room: Super clean and well stocked! There wasn't an iPod docking station which was the one and ONLY downer as I'm addicted to listening to music on my iPod, but I survived! The kitchenette was great. All the dishes, utensils, and appliances were extremely clean and I definitely appreciated having this luxury in my room. I stayed in the one bed/studio style room. There was a small table for dining, a desk, a couch, a TV that swiveled between the bed and couch for viewing, and a very comfortable bed. The linens were nice too. My skin is sensitive to harsh chemicals and I had no problems with the Residence Inn bedding (thank you SO much for this, Residence Inn!). I loved the spacious bathroom with excessive mirrors, because a girl can never have too many mirrors. Did I mention they supply Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner? SCORE.

Other things I loved about this hotel:
- I didn't hear anyone above/below/beside/across from us all weekend. This building was obviously well-insulated.
- Do not be hesitant about using the pop-out bed from the couch because it's darn comfy! They supply extra bedding for it, so no worries there.
- The breakfast was tasty and the coffee was good! I hate cheap hotel coffee, but I didn't feel the need to jet off to Starbucks after enjoying a cup of their brew.
- There are several restaurants that you can get to easily from the hotel, but if you're in dire need for a quick bite to eat, hello McDonalds one block away. Or, if you need to unwind after a stressful meeting/week/etc., hello Haymarket Whiskey Bar one block away. Don't wanna leave your room? The Residence Inn provides with you a huge list of delivery options and a grocery service!
- Free wifi!
- Gym and pool and whirlpool! Sadly, I didn't get to use them (weekend got too busy).

Confession time: I was a Hyatt/Hilton girl before this. I think I'm a convert to the Marriott ways now. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and will recommend it to anyone I know traveling to L-Ville.

Right price, right location, perfect experience. Thank you, Residence Inn!

Room Tip: Floor #2 has direct access into the parking deck which is nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SHS1850, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Beth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to first of all fill out an online review and second for being so detailed about your stay.

I do want you to know how much my staff and I pride ourself on taking care of our guest as we strive for customer service excellence.

We truly appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in your future travels as we are happy to hear you will becom a loyal Marriott guest.

Warm regards and thank you for your business!

Mark Kirsch-GM

Been to Residence Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!