“Nice Shelter from the Storm” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport

You added Comfort Suites Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6535 Paramount Park Drive, Louisville, KY 40213 (Okolona)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Northwestern Ohio
“Nice Shelter from the Storm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here to get off the highway during the beginning of an ice and snow storm. We stay at Comfort Suites hotels often, this one was similar but newer and nicer. Very clean, well decorated, friendly service, and quieter than many hotels we stay in. Only thing I would point out is that I wish they used their shuttle service for something besides going back and forth to the airport, it would have been nice to get a ride to a nearby restaurant so we could have some cocktails. We just drove ourselves and one of us just had one drink. The breakfast food looked good but we didn't stay for breakfast, just got back on the road to drive home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for the review, we are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay during the ice storm. For future referance the mexican restaurant and the Holiday Inn both on either side of us have bars inside within walking distance. We can always call you a cab if you wish. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Huntingburg, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have stayed here before and thought it was nice, but I just stayed here January 27-30. Checking out on the 30, I will never stay here again and wanted to let people know. I got bed bugs. I had to take a personal day to go to the doctor had to take all my stuff to the laundromat get a new suitcase. I am ate up. I was given a $100.00 to reimburse me for my luggage. I am praying I didn't bring them home with me, I left my luggage there. I bought garbage bags to put my clothes in. I threw away my tennis shoes. I have stayed all over the country and this is the first time this has ever happened. I know it can happen, but when I started searching I found this hotel has had them before.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
sharon k, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
First, let me sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. This is not a normal occurence for us, we get monthly services provided by a reputible pest control company. We take these issues very seriously and the room has been checked out and serviced by our pest control company, This is our first occurence and I'm sure, with you being a traveler as you stated, can understand we cannot control everything that guests may bring in to the property. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Only about 10 minutes from the airport and right off of the interstate. Nothing fancy, but the room was spacious, clean, and quiet. Breakfast was well stocked with variety and staff was friendly. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. It is always nice to hear from our guests. We value their opinions and suggestions.
We hope to see you again soon so that we may thank you in person.
Arnold, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here the weekend of Oct. 4 & 5. The rooms were not ready for our large party and we waited outside in the hall until they were finished. Rooms were clean and breakfast ok. I never saw the staff at the front desk. When you did see staff, they were unfriendly and made you feel like you were intruding. The only time I saw a smile on their face was when we were walking out the door with our suitcase.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
sharon k, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unwelocme feeling you received while staying with us. This is not our normal atmosphere and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I will look into this to make sure it does not happen again. We are always glad to hear from our guests on their stays to see where we need to improve. I hope you will give us a second chance next time you are in Louisville and if I can help in any way with your next visit pleas let me know.

Thank you again for the comments and we hope to see you in the future.

Sharon Klein
Yorkville, Illinois, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My title says it all. This is what I want in a place to spend the night. Even though this hotel was close to the airport, we were not bothered by plane noise. The room was clean, the bath was clean with plenty of towels provided. The breakfast was well-stocked and had plenty of choices. We would stay here again if in the area. It was close enough to Mega Cavern, Churchill Downs and the Slugger Museum to get to all three easily and tour before the afternoon was over.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We realize you have many choices for hotels in Louisville,Ky and we are glad you choose Comfort Suites Airport. It is always nice to hear from our guests to help us in any areas we need to improve. We look forward to your next visit so we may thank you in person.

Sharon
Bentonville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

When I came to check in, "the system was down" and had to wait 2 hours to check in - even though I prepaid.

When I finally got to the room, the room had bad stains on the carpet - neither bedside lamp worked - the clock was unplugged - the privacy curtains would not close all the way because they were broke, the drain was slow, the shower curtain had holes in it. The AC had to be turned off and on for it to cool properly. WiFi did not work until hours later and the signal was about the same strength as dial up. I needed to print a page for my meeting that I had to edit and the printer was out of order.

The entrance door at the end of the hall (by the stairs) did not shut and anyone could come in if they wanted to - did not feel safe at all.

I left a tip for room service - they thanked me by not leaving me with any coffee and left the coffeemaker dirty. It appeared that the towels were exchanged and the bed made up and that was it. floors were not vaccumed and the furniture was not cleaned

I did not expect this to be the Marriott, but I did expect to get what I paid for! Safety, desk service and a clean room. I travel a lot and this was one of the worst if not THE worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Management should be embarrassed! This place is unfit for paying guests.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here..Stay in rooms away from the end of the hall. The door is jammed open
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
sharon k, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response. We appreciate all types of feedback as it helps us in improving our service. However we are very saddened and surprised at this feedback seeing our hotel has always strived to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations. It is also very surprising that your review states that our system was down. We had no occurrences of a system malfunction. This hotel also a manual check-in process for emergencies; Hence if our system was down, no guest would have to wait 2 hours to be checked in the hotel.

Again, our WIFI is functional and our business center is up and running.

As in seen in our previous reviews,, we have had very positive feedback from our guests. Our rooms are cleaned immaculately daily. Hence the reason we are surprised.
The hotel has very excellent quality service scores and we work tirelessly to ensure that our scores are maintained above Choice Hotels' standards. We welcome you to contact us directly to discuss this review as we are confident there are many inaccuries. We look forward to hearing from you soon.!
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We love staying at the Comfort Suites. We love their breakfast, quality of rooms and being Choice Privilege members. The hotel was great. Only reason it's not a 5 is because it's not trying to be a 5 star hotel. The accommodations could be better but for what it is, It's a solid hotel.

Our family loves choice hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
sharon k, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for being part of the Choice rewards program. We look forward to your visit and if there is anything I can do make your next visit more pleasant please let me know.

Sharon Klein