“Lot's of Crab Legs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
131 River Rd, Louisville, KY 40202-1335 (Central Business District)
502-568-1171
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
“Lot's of Crab Legs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great location on the banks of the Ohio River make this an interesting place. You can walk the shoreline and then up the stairway to Joe's. We were able to be seated promptly. Many seafood choices on their menu. If you like Crab Legs, you can get your fill at a reasonable price. Atmosphere is geared toward families. It's alive and fun place with great service.

Visited November 2012

Louisville, Kentucky
“A fun place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I like eating at Joe's. It gives me that tiny feel of being back on vacation on the beach somewhere. It does get slightly loud at times, but the food is worth putting up with the noise. The shrimp in a bucket is incredible. You must try it.

Visited November 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
“Fun Place, pricey though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My youngest daughter wanted to celebrate her 19th birthday there. I hadn't been there sine 2003 because it is too expensive for a family of 5, but I thought since its her birthday, why not? I was already aware of their humiliation package for birthdays and they did deliver. We had a great time. Jason , our waiter, did a good job keeping our drinks full, was quick with serving food, etc. The food isn't anything to write home about, it was fine. I got the fish and shrimp. Jason gave my daughter a stick horse to ride around the restaurant to shout "Hee haw it's my birthday"! While everyone sang happy birthday. The deal was, if he couldn't hear her shout, she would have to start all over. Overall a great experience. It wasn't very crowded, there was a guy there who did balloon animals for $5, he was really good. My daughter had him make a sea turtle. I didn't think he could do it but he cranked one out within 5 minutes. Impressive . Much more impressive than the food. So our bill came to $80, for 4 people and gratuity. Which was fine, it was her birthday after all. Great place to celebrate special occasions , they will make it memorable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The food was good but the place was very noisy. The service was not very good. I was not given what I had asked for and I had to wait quite a while and ask twice for it to be remedied.

Visited September 2012
Alton, Illinois
“Eat At Joe's !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Atmosphere was loud, food was delicious but very expensive and sadly left hungry. The portions were just not enough and when I spend $30 per person, I expect to get fed !!!

• Visited September 2012