“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Dayton, Ohio
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel based on a family member's recommendation. We were apprehensive after reading some of the previous reviews, but were relieved to find a great hotel for the price. Our room was on the ground floor and looked just like the pictures. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, which is really the most important thing ...but in addition the room came with a mini fridge, microwave and electric coffee pot. The only thing we would have liked in addition was a room safe. The beds were comfy and the breakfast was good with a selections of bread, toaster, milk, cereals including instant oatmeal, coffee, etc. but the specialty was the sausage gravy and biscuits. As a bonus we got to know the manager, Gina, who entertained us with her witty stories and kept us laughing. The location was very convenient, just off the Gene Snyder expressway. All in all, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
steve p, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Louisville, responded to this review, May 13, 2015
thank you very much for a great review, and i must tell gina the lovely comments you made about her, she will be happy to hear that. we are are very happy to hear that you had a terrific stay with us, please visit us again, i think gina has a few more witty stories to share. once again thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pontotoc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here because we had a tour set for the Waverly Hills Sanitarium, which is only a couple miles away. On arrival the hotel looked alright, not great, a little messy but perhaps they were renovating or something, so no big deal. Our group had two rooms reserved, six months prior and we had called ahead earlier that day to verify the rooms. Check-in took forever, the clerk seemed to have no idea what she was doing. After about 15 mins of fumbling around with key cards we were set. We got to the floor our rooms were on and we were greeted to an extremely noisy, large group of people. Ignoring them we attempted to open our rooms, only to discover that the cards didn't work for one room. When I checked the second room, I discovered that it had been very recently used. The bed was tossed around in, a drink with ice still in it was on the table and the bathroom was a disaster. I went promptly to the front desk to address these problems. I was told that I couldn't get another room because they were booked up. I asked for a refund and was told that I couldn't, because it was after 6 and that was policy. I can understand that, but we checked in 15mins prior with cash. After I asked for a number to a manager to sort this out, she then happened to "find" a free room. After that was settled, I grabbed some new key cards and headed back upstairs. They of course did NOT work.... I'm going to skip a couple steps here and say that I made 3 more trips downstairs for keycards before the genius at the desk realized that the room lock was malfunctioning, then I had to wait for her to "free up" another room for us. So, an hour after arriving to the hotel, we got to step into our rooms. They were ok, not immaculate, but as expected for the price. A couple hours later the large group in the hall had not calmed down and even happened to grow. I went down to ask the desk about it only to find 8-10 people down in the lobby. I reported to the desk and was told that she would look into it, but didn't know what she could do. We were there for two nights, during which the noise never ceased. We were approached in the hall by a man trying to sell obvious stolen merchandise. He had 4-5 camcorders, some purses and other various items. I reported him, but he was there both nights. In the lobby we overheard a woman ask for her "usual room", but only for a couple hours, we received harassing phone calls from neighboring rooms and had people knocking on our doors randomly the whole trip. None of this was corrected or even apologized for by any member of staff. I was recommended this hotel, by a well known website (f@#$ you hotels.com). I could not be more serious when I say Do NOT stay at this hotel, under any circumstances. Stay at the Comfort Inn across the road, in your car or even camp out. Anything besides this.

• Stayed July 2012
steve p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Louisville, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
i am very very sorry that this incident took place, it should never have happened, it was totally inexcusable and i will certainly have words with the staff on duty at that time. i will attempt to contact the guest in question to resolve the situation. once again i would like to apologise to the guest and the members of his party for what happened
Knox
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We walked into the lobby not to bad. I'm thinking big city lot of people in and out it will be ok. After the front desk lady get off phone, We ask to see a room before we stay. I ALWAYS DO THIS.. She gives a key to a 3rd floor room. We get to the 3rd floor, all I can say OMG !!! But I'm not sleeping in the hall. I tried to get the door open, my husband tried to get the door open just not going to happen. SO back to the lobby. Once again wait for the front desk lady to get off phone. Tell her that the door will not open, she gives us a key to a different room. SO back up to the 3rd floor. We get the door open turn on the lights. The beds looks like they have been used since 60's. I have never in my life seen that big of stain in my life!!!! It was unbelieveable.. Bathroom was dirty, sheets was dirty. The room was nasty!!! I would have slept in my truck before I would have sat anywhere in that room. I will say it again RUN RUN.. Well back to the lobby we go. Guess What, Yep we have to wait for front desk lady to get off the phone. Told her about the room. I won't say what she did but I will say she was very rude.

Room Tip: Always Look at Room before you Pay.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
steve p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Louisville, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. We would like you to know that our beds are not from the 60"s, in fact we replaced all of them less than one year ago. We apologize that you did not like our new beds. We have addressed your concerns with our staff and would like to thank you for your input.
Canton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Spent just one night here at the Best Western, but it was a very pleasant experience. Had driven from Indiana to Louisville for the express purpose of watching horse racing at Churchill Downs. The hotel was pretty easy to find right off 264. Relatively new building, clean, comfortable stay. Had the usual breakfast buffet, including the waffles , cereals, fresh food, juices, coffee, and pastries. Bed was comfortable, not bigtime noise problems. Location as far as Churchill is concerned was fabulous -- back on the highway for like one exit, then just a couple of miles drive to the track. Biggest hurdle we had was finding / deciding on a restaurant. And we had the help of a phone GPS. It was a Saturday night, so didn't think we'd have trouble finding dining, but the problem seemed to be there weren't many choices in the near viciting of the hotel (say a 2-mile kinda stretch , from what we could see). We ended up going down a couple of exits to find a Texas Roadhouse -- we rather would have done local cuisine, but we were happy with the national steak chain.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers and we are very happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
harrison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

The person at the front desk over charged me by almost 200 dollars. I tried to get it corrected, but she said, I would have to wait 7 to 10 days for it to be put back into my account. She told me if I waited to checkout they could correct it then. My receipt showed the correct amount, but my bank account still shows the error amount. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
We are very sorry that we can't control how the banks process debit and credit cards. We addressed this issue as quickly as we could but are sometimes at the mercy of the credit card companies and banks. As hard as we try, we are not perfect. We do hope that you will try us again in the future.
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

We stayed here one night on a trip back home from Florida. I found it in my AAA book and called ahead to reserve a room. I agree that it was hard to find, even though it's located right off of the interstate. Our's was the only car in the parking lot, so I suspect we were the only people staying there. This hotel is badly in need of a good cleaning and updating. The carpeting in the room looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed and there were nasty stains.. There were crumbled chips under the bed and the bathroom looked as though dirt had been swept up against the baseboards. We had to take the coffee pot to the front desk because it hadn't been cleaned and there were still used grounds in the basket. The bed itself was clean, and we thoroughly inspected the sheets and bedding to make sure they were clean. Other than the floor, the bathroom was clean. We also paid more for this hotel than we did at any other hotel on our 10 day trip. I was glad to leave in the morning, and we will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I stayed here the last night of my vacation & admit that my opinion is slightly jaded due to the fact that they had run out of non-smoking rooms & we had to stay in a smoking room which smelled horribly but I can't really blame them as I hadn't confirmed a non-smoking room. The room was clean though so no complaints there.

It was NOT easy to find. I missed the street to turn down because the sign pointing where it was was past where we should have turned left. Thank god for our GPS as it guided us in.

The restaurants nearby were not right across the street but well withnin walking distance, no more than a minute or two.

Overall, I'd say it was an alright place.

• Stayed June 2009