“I Was NOT Impressed.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
6100 Dutchmans Ln, 16th Floor, Louisville, KY 40205-3284 (East Louisville)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,519 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Cross street: Dutchman's Parkway
Glasgow
“I Was NOT Impressed.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have waited for a very long time to enjoy the steaks I have heard so much about. I was very disappointed. First, I would like to say that the staff was very professional. The atmosphere was great. The ribeye steak was very bad. I ordered the 12 ounce ribeye steak and my husband ordered the Cowboy Ribeye with bone in. I ordered my steak med. well. My husband ordered his with med. well. My husbands steak came out almost burnt and my steak came out with a lot of fat. and it was rare. They sent it back and cooked it more but it was loaded with fat. It was not a good choice piece of meat. I have had better ribeye steaks at Outback. They did send it back and brought me a filet. The filet was way better. They did do everything they could to make things right!! I have no complaints about that. I was just disappointed with the entire first time experience of a steak house I was so excited about finally getting to experience. Overall, the steaks are not worth the prices. We have had a better steak at a few different steak restaurants, for a lot less money. I really really really wanted to love this place.....

Visited May 2014

Louisville, Kentucky
“Delicious food for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our meal was excellent with large portions. The atmosphere is great for an elegant evening as long as you're willing to spend the money. The view from the restaurant is excellent.

• Visited May 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“You get more than you pay more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Fantastic meal and service. This was my first visit to a Ruth's Chris and if the opportunity presents itself will definitely consider a return. It is more expensive than a regular steak place, but it is worth it, especially Ruth's Classics for $42.95, which three of the four ordered. We are not alcoholic drinkers, so the bill was around $200. That really is not bad when you had a choice of a salad, entree/vegetable and a dessert. I upgraded to a 12 oz. rib-eye for $10 more and was glad I did. Probably the neatest thing is we came to celebrate a birthday, but did not tell the server, Heidi. It was my son-in-law's birthday. We casually ribbed him if he wanted the server to know so they could gather all the servers to sing happy birthday to him at the table. Lo and behold after we finished the entree and before the dessert menus were given to us, Heidi brings out a coconut bread pudding and ice cream dessert with a lit candle and "Happy Birthday" written on the plate. She said she found out we were celebrating a birthday. Good job Heidi and Ruth's Chris!

• Visited March 2014
Bradford
“Good food but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Fine dining and good quality food but certainly highly priced. Great sides, huge portions all ala carte. Again a fun place to dine.

Visited April 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were seated right away and our server, Damian, was very professional and took good care of us. After we were seated I asked if the music could be turned down. I don't understand why restaurants feel they have to have music so loud. It is so unwelcoming when you are there to enjoy conversation and atmosphere. Anyway, we chose to order from the classic that included a salad, entrée, side and dessert for $42.95. I ordered scallops, cooked to perfection. My husband ordered the rib eye, also in the classic but $52.95. It was delicious he said. My aunt ordered a filet. It was tough and chewy and was taken back. Her second steak was much better and the manager came over twice to check on her. That's good business. We would certainly return and ordering from the classic section is a great bargain.

• Visited February 2014