“Expect more from a Courtyard” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast

You added Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10200 Champion Farms Dr., Louisville, KY 40241 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #19 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Kettering, Ohio
“Expect more from a Courtyard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have stayed at many Courtyards and have always enjoyed them. This one was very nice (recently remodeled) however I am rating it average because amenities were very lacking from what I expect from Courtyard and based on what I paid for the room.

The good:
The front desk was extremely pleasant and they went out of their way for you. The grounds are very well kept up. The rooms are spacious. The shampoo/conditioner is Paul Mitchell. The bed is super comfortable. The wireless internet worked great. There is shopping and restaurants very close by (we walked to dinner).

The bad:
There is no refrigerator in the room. While coffee is served in the lobby, breakfast is not an option. With the coffee pot in your room, you get one coffee pod. The pool looks MUCH larger in the picture. As well, the hot tub is extremely small. We got in with one other couple and it was a tight fit. I cannot imagine if more than 4 people were in it at once.

Again - it was a very nice hotel they just need to increase their amenities to match the price of the rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

When I travel to Louisville, I have been staying here. I like the location, lots of restaurants, Target, etc...within walking distance. Hotel staff are very friendly and accomodating. Hotel is clean and comfortable. My only dislike is the towels. They could really use an upgrade as they are super thin and scratchy. I know that may not be a make it or break it issue however it does make the stay more comfortable. The exercise room is small but they do offer you the option to go to the gym down the street. I don't mind the size, however, the treadmills probably need serviced, belts squeak and there are never any complimentary headsets to use. I should also mention the Bistro, they do have some really good food and list all the calorie counts next to teach item.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Montgomery
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My stay at this hotel was peaceful. Although, I did not like not having a refrigerator in the room. But I thought the decor in the room was very nice and contemporary. The bed was absolutely divine along with the pillows. However, the biggest disapointment for me was that they did not offer free breakfast. I did not have a choice in the matter of where I booked to stay because this hotel was chosen by my orgnization. I wouldnt stay here again because the price of this hotel didnt quite match the amenities that should be offered.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stopped here for 3 nights recently. Can't really fault the hotel at all. Rooms were clean and appeared to be recently redecorated. Staff were friendly. Didn't have breakfast here we walked around 800m to the local Panera Bread establishment like some other past guests have. Would we stay here again - yes absolutely.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Decent room, clean, but what you'd expect from Courtyard. No surprises, consistent, and nothing special. Located in a very nice area of town. Lots of retail and dining near the motel. Convenient to I-265 and I-71.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Salem, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

When my husband and I booked this hotel for a pit stop on the way home from our family vacation- we looked up several hotels and read reviews. We appreciated the reviews from others here so we called the number listed for this hotel, which took us to the main Marriott number. We asked for a room that would fit 2 adults and 2 children and were given a price- which my husband knows was for 2 doubles. He hung up to talk with me that evening and we then called back and booked it- so this was the second person we had talked to. When we got to the hotel- we were given a room that was very musty and had only a king bed and a pull out sofa bed which is ONLY a twin size. When I went down to the desk, the lady checking us in - although she was nice at first she acted as though I was bothering her. She blamed it on the main Marriott. Unfortunately for us, we didn't have a direct number to the hotel so we had to make contact with the main Marriott number when booking. She made a comment "well, lucky for you we have one room with doubles left". I was taken aback by this comment- really? It was not my error - whether it was the main number or not, I think you would be more concerned about getting my family taken care of - if you didn't have a room that would accommodate us- then what? I booked what I was supposed to- anyone that is booking a room for 2 adults and 2 kids would know that a twin sofa bed isn't going to work (and if the main Marriott doesn't know the sofa beds are only twin sofa beds- they need to have this noted- as it makes a big difference in booking rooms as the number of people would not coincide with sleeping room available!). However, the "lucky" room was perfect. It was clean, had a fridge, microwave, and coffeepot. We also booked this hotel based on the fact that it had a pool. JUST AN FYI: If you plan to bring your family and it has more than 5 members- THINK AGAIN! The very small pool has a sign that says if there are more than 5 individuals in it at a time, you will be fined $1,000. This was quite disturbing as my family (4 of us) went to swim and when we got down there- there were already 2 in the pool which meant one of us (one in our family) could not go in. Clean, nice, quiet hotel, but caution when booking rooms and if you have children- think again on the pool. If other guests are there using it- you're out of luck.

Room Tip: Make sure your room will fit your number of family members when booking. Main Marriott does not know...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Beavercreek, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

A friend and I spent the weekend while visiting her son and doing some sightseeing. The hotel was very nice--clean, nice decor, friendly staff. A plus was The Bistro which had some food (didn't eat it), drinks (had some) and Starbucks (had some). Kind of pricey, of course, but very convenient. The outside patio was nice to sit on in the evening. The beds were comfy with lots of pillows. It was in a nice part of town with stores and malls nearby. The only tiny, little complaint was they did not take our wet/dirty washcloths. The sign did say they would take towels on the floor but not hanging up. The washcloths were wet so were on the tub. But it was very nice and well worth the $99.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast? Share your experiences!