“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast

You added Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10200 Champion Farms Dr., Louisville, KY 40241 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed this past weekend for Thunder Over Kentucky. I must say this hotel was very impressive! Not was the hotel up to date but it seemed clean and the staff was extremely friendly. I forgot the women's name Saturday night but she was FANTASTIC! I hope Marriott knows what an asset they have on their hands. But I must say that their restaurant is very overpriced; over $6.00 for a single beer. It was ok, we had our own.

You can tell the owners take pride in their hotel....it shows.

I will return next year!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Jerry,

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay over Thunder. I will be sure to pass along your praise to our staff. It is great to hear the positive comments on our newly renovated hotel.

We look forward to your return.

Don McNew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel. Brian at the front desk and the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean, the lobby was spacious and there were plenty of shops and restaurants in walking distance. The location was good, since it's only about 9 miles from downtown Louisville and Churchill Downs. The pool was a little small and our room had no refrigerator or microwave, but other then that no complaints.

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for this great review. I will definitely pass along your comments to Brian and the rest of the staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

This hotel is located in newer area around shopping and restaurants. Beware....they are currently under a remodel. Their lobby is very dusty and loud at times but my room was very nice and clean. I must have had a new. The staff was overly friendly saying hello EVERY time you walked in and out the door. A bit much if you ask me. Overall I think this hotel is nice and I would return once they complete the remodel.

• Stayed January 2012
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I hope the ongoing enhancements to the hotel were not too much of an inconvenience. The hotel is half way through the renovation and the new options for our guest will be fantastic.

Again, we appreciate you choosing the Courtyard Louisville Northeast and look to serve you again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I recommend avoiding this hotel for the next couple of months. As the gentleman at the front desk informed me at check in, "they will have an entirely new hotel in a couple of months". The problem is they should have closed for renovation, as evidenced by the fact that the check in desk is literally made up of card tables located just inside the front door. I was informed that no construction would be taking place except between the hours of 9am and 5pm. At 630pm this evening, pounding was going on like crazy on the floor above mine.

I am sure this hotel will be worthy of the #5 ranking in Louisville once construction is completed. In the meantime, the $130 per night I am paying is about $100 over the actual value this room is worth.

Also, I believe they should be more forthcoming on the website when making reservations that this hotel is undergoing a complete overhaul. The website states the rooms were renovated in 2011. It does not say renovation continues into 2012. This seems deceptive.

I will be returning to the Springhill Suites by Marriott my next stay in Louisville.

Todd

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Todd,

I apologize that you were inconvenienced during your recent stay. The hotel is in the process of enhancing several areas for our guests future enjoyment.

The hotel has a custom build desk that is a temporary structure placed at the entrance of the lobby so that our guest can maintain their normal arrival and departure procedures. The goal is to provide you with a great experience while the changes are being made.

As a courteousy, we email each guest prior to thier arrival notifying them of the renovation. We have set strict guidelines for the contractor to work from 9am to 5pm. Last night was the first time that someone on the team did not adhere to this policy. I assure you this has been addressed and will not happen again.

Todd, we would love to have you stay with us during this exciting transformation, but we will be just as pleased to see you return when the time is right for you.

Thankfully,

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Was in town for a tennis tournament at an indoor facility nearby so this was a perfect location and the tournament's special rate was very reasonable. Hotel was clean and the front desk staff very welcoming. Skipped the $9.99 breakfast and walked to the Panera 100 yards away instead. The hotel is behind a huge shopping center so there are plenty of dining options. Movie theater is walking distance as well, as is a Liquor Barn. The exercise facility was modest but functional. I was always in there by myself so had plenty of room to work. Obviously, if you want to be close to downtown or the University of Louisville, this is not the right location for you. But for a nice suburban shopping location, this is recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
DonMcNew, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review for your January stay. The hotel has just completed a full renovation and now we have several great breakfast options as well as serving Starbucks coffee.
We hope to see you on your next trip to Louisville.

Thankfully,

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I recommend this Courtyard by Marriott without reservation. If you are looking for cleanliness and excellent front staff service in addition to very reasonable rates, then search no further. You will not be disappointed! My only disappointment is a lack of continental breakfast fare, but with so many restaurants nearby one cannot really complain. Our room, featuring a king size bed with a pullout sleeper sofa, easily accommodated our family of five. For $85 plus tax, you just can't beat it! Clean, clean, clean, and some of the best front desk staff you will find!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with a great review from your January visit. I apologize for the lack of a continental breakfast, but now the hotel has just completed a full renovation and we have several breakfast options for our guest. Our Bistro restaurant now offers everything from Grab and Go fruit cups to complete cooked to order breakfast platter. Additionally, we are proudly serving Starbuck's coffee in the restraurant as well.

We hope to see you again soon.

Campbellsville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Our stay at the Courtyard by Marriot in Northeast Louisville was simply amazing. The rooms look like something from a magazine, not to mention they were so clean. My favorite memory involves the Guest Service Specialist who assisted us while signing in (Phillip Abraham) the kindest gentleman I had ever met. We were treated like family, well or should I say better than family. I was so impressed with everything, breakfast was amazing, and every inch of this place was immaculately clean. Thank you for a wonderful stay and cant wait to share more family memmories the next time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Louisvillle Northeast? Share your experiences!