“Pleasantly impressed!” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
LongHorn Steakhouse
2535 Hurstbourne Gem Ln, Louisville, KY 40220-4075 (East Louisville)
502-671-5350
Neighborhood: East Louisville
louisville, ky
“Pleasantly impressed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Given that the restaurant is a chain, we have never been interested enough to try it. We were looking for a lunch spot on a day off while shopping the box stores for a kitchen project and both noted that the parking lot is almost always quite full. Hmm. Perhaps we have been hasty in always overlooking Longhorn.
From the start, the staff was very very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was sort of what you would expect, but the booths were very comfortable. The food was really good! My wife had the salad and mac n cheese. Wow- some of the REALLY expensive steakhouses downtown could learn something. Delicious. I had the sirloin steak sandwich as an experiment. Usually when eaten at most places, a knife and fork is really required as the meat is far too tough to eat as a sandwich, unless one is going for the "Henry VIII" look tearing the meat with hands and teeth. The meat was TENDER (really??), juicy and absolutely delicious. Their combination of sandwich fixins, cheese and yummy sauce worked together to make it something I will definitely return for.
Very pleasantly impressed from the one by the Summit. Great job!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great steak and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Jefferson Mall location, 4813 Outerloop.
We received a $25.00 gift card for LongHorn during the Holidays and of course we were most appreciative for the present. I thought to myself,"$25.00 should cover a portion of one of our meals." I wanted a good steak on "President's Day" and remembered the gift card. I talked to my lady and neither one of us wanted to cook and the trip was set.
We were seated immediately. We have learned from the "Retired Folks" if you hit the restaurants early there is no competition for seating and wait times are minimal. As we perused the menu we noticed a special "Two for $25.00", what luck! The Calamari is excellent here. I always have issues with seafood this far inland, I was raised on the Texas coast and I know what fresh seafood is.(The Shrimp are still kicking) Cooking Calamari is tricky, but they have it down pat here. It might have been "Fresh Frozen" none the less it was tasty and tender. Our server was attentive and timed our meal perfectly. Not like some of the restaurants your salad, appetizer, and main course arrive within minutes of each other. Salad was fresh and made to my order. The steak were cooked perfectly and very tasty. This was not our first trip to this location, and it was good the first time too. "We'll be back"

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went to the LongHorn Steakhouse at Outer Loop on the Sunday before Christmas. We were a group of eight. The server really got me off to a bad start with her when I asked her what flavors they had after she mentioned having flavored iced teas. She told me the flavors, the last of which was pomegranate. Before I could say anything she said, "But I've never sold any of that because it's bitter and tastes nasty." I happen to love pomegranate so I ordered it anyway. And it was great! It was actually one of the better parts of the meal. We ordered the Firecracker Chicken Wraps as a starter, and they were incredible! Loved them! I ordered the Chicken Strip meal for my entree, and it was the worst chicken I've had in a while. It was actually rubbery. I lost my appetite as soon as I bit into it, so thank goodness the appetizer was good. When we were finally ready to leave, the server handed us our checks and our gratuity was already figured in. I generally don't eat in groups any larger than three people, and did not know it was customary for restaurants to add a gratuity to a party of eight or more, even on separate checks. I wasn't thrilled about this, because the server was the worst part of the meal. She was slow, opinionated and a bit irritating. I would not have given her the tip that the restaurant did. Probably will not go to this location again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisville
“awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went back to the Jefferson Mall location yesterday, as usual, it was fantastic, My girl had the chicken parm and I had the 9 ounce filet. Both were out of this world, service was great, this place is my new steakhouse.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Steaks & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

You are great when you walk thru the door with a very friendly person, then taken to a nice table to injoy a Great Steak & Trimmings. We eat at Longhorn Steakhouse several times a month. And the Service & Food are Tops in my book. Steaks that melt in our mouth, Salads that are very fresh.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere