“great Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #241 of 1,519 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican
“great Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family loves Mexican food, and you get reasonable prices for the food here. We don't visit here as often as others ini town but when we do we have a enjoyable experience.

Visited July 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very friendly staff and great food. The whole family really enjoyed it. No complaints here. Will visit again when in town.

Visited April 2013
“fantastic Mexican value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place has the best chips & salsa and everything I've ever eaten there has been great. Service is good (feel free to speak Spanish) and the value is awesome. Get the frequent dining card. It is the best inexpensive Mexican food I have found in Louisville.

Visited November 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“My favorite place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

I eat at el Tarasco more than any other! Prices are reasonable, portions are huge, service is excellent most of the time, food is outstanding!!!!!! Recommend: burrito grande - w/ steak well done topped with queso and red sauce, burrito del mar - topped with extra queso or queso and red sauce! Many items are excellent, but these two are my faves! Appetizers - I recommend the churizo dish, but I cant remember what its called. Try some mexican beer too! I like Tecate with extra lime myself.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My FAVORITE Mexican restaraunt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

I love the food here! Great taste, large portions, & casual atmosphere! Get "tarasco style", it's a mix of red sauce & cheese sauce! Yum! Everyone I've recommended has loved it!!! It's my whole family's favorite! The only thing to be desired is the decor. It's an old Lee's Chicken & still looks like it. Try the Mexican beers (tecate or sol are my faves!)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere