“How do they stay in business???” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Scotty's Big Bubba Bub-ba-que
14049 Shelbyville Rd, Louisville, KY 40245 (East Louisville)
(502) 244-6868
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #921 of 1,519 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“How do they stay in business???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We've lived near Lake Forest for 5 years, and always have seen this place and thought we'd try it... BIG MISTAKE! I ordered take-out and got there when they said it'd be ready. 25 MINUTES LATER, I hear "Scotty" saying he was putting our food in...WHAT??? So, I told them I wanted my money back. When the lady told Scotty that, he yells "I'm not giving him his money back!" How about "Sir, I'm really sorry we made you wait so long!" Anyway, they did give my a refund... but, not even a hint of an apology. WOW! Then, I went to Wendy's, where I waited for about 2 minutes for my food. Scotty may have the best fried chicken, bbq, and ribs on the planet, but nothing is worth putting-up with people who are so clueless about customer service!

• Visited May 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
“Good food and inexpensive beer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Scotty's is nothing special to look at, but the food is good. The BBQ ribs and pulled pork are excellent. The pulled pork sandwich is huge. I like their fried chicken, too. side dishes are mostly just ok.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grapevine, Texas
“Great food & very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This place is amazing...the people were very friendly and we had great service. I would HIGHLY recommend the fried chicken. It was the best I have ever had. The owner was also very nice! Overall it was a great experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Don't let their storefront fool you!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011 via mobile

What Scotty's lacks in being fancy, they more than make up for in food!! Their BBQ is some of the best I have had and I have had everything between NC and St Louis. I highly recommend the ribs or fried chicken. If you find yourself on the Northeast side of Louisville, stop in. You won't be disappointed!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere