“One of my favorite restaurants” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kashmir Indian Restaurant
1285 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40204-1303 (Highlands)
(502) 473-8765
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #803 of 1,440 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Highlands
Neighborhood: Highlands
Louisville, Kentucky
“One of my favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I visit this restaurant a couple times a month, because it always delivers good food and service. The owners seem to run the restaurant with a small staff and everyone is friendly. The type of folks who remember you and say "good to see you". Although they are not chatty ;) We typically get the sikh kabab, saag paneer, and one of the naan's (bread) and there is usually some leftover to take home. (there are two of us eating) All of the vegetarian dinners are amazing. The fish and cheese pakoras are good. Yummy lentil soup. Those are the items I have ordered the most. But I've never had anything bad. We typically get Kingfisher beer, which compliments the meal well. I highly recommend to others.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

First let me say we love Indian food. We visit at least one Indian restaurant once each month. This was maybe the fourth one we'd tried in our city. Upon entering, the person at the door told us to go find our own seat. That seemed a bit rude, but oh well. The waiter took our order and wasn't helpful at all. Since it was our first time at this restaurant, we had a few questions about their menu. The wait staff who filled our drinks was at least courteous. When we were ready to pay we presented our Groupon. For the very first time at any restaurant, we were asked to show our ID - as if we had stolen the Groupon. Needless to say, we will probably not be visiting Kashmir again.

“Beloved but not by me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is a very popular Indian restaurant in a key funky spot in Louisville. When I went there our meal was average and the meat did not have any fat trimmed off of it. The restaurant wasnt cheap either. We went there 4 years ago and we never went back!

louisville
“Nice little place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I try to go to their buffet once a month. The food is good and so is the service. It is much better than the Indian restaurant down the street.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville,KY
“Food is very good, service just okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

The food at Kashmir is consistantly good. It's a small place and sometimes gets a little noisy when crowded. I just wish the service was friendlier. They are compentent, but sometimes they don't even seem to want to smile!