“Sunday Brunch at the Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Goose Creek Diner
2923 Goose Creek Rd, Louisville, KY 40241-2476 (East Louisville)
502-339-8070
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
“Sunday Brunch at the Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Looking for good food and fun why not try Goose Creek Diner Sunday Brunch. This past Sunday my aunt and I checked it out. We were seated promptly and given the menu. You have the option of the Brunch Buffet or ordering off the menu. My Aunt chose the buffet and I ordered off the menu.

I had my all time favorite the fried egg BLT. Your fried egg is placed on white toast with lettuce, bacon, and would you believe fried green tomatoes? The plate comes with fried potatoes and all the coffee you can drink. Next time i would ask for the eggs sunny side up. I think that flowing yoke would make the sandwich even better.

My aunt went for the buffet. Price wise she had the better deal. The buffet includes your coffee or drink which for me was extra. She had a freshly made omelet and later went back for waffles strawberries. The buffet also has friend chicken and peach cobbler. My aunt said this was yummy.

The wait staff checked in on us frequently. There was no pressure to hurry and leave. One could sit and graze! One could sit and enjoy conversation without any pressure to make room for incoming customers. As I looked around I was amazed at how people were talking to one another. Not a single electronic device out.

Looking for good food, hot food, and friend conversation why not try Sunday Brunch at the Diner?

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great good & great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited this out-of-the-way diner for lunch in early May. We had a group of 13 and had to wait a good while for seating then we still had to have separate tables. The good was hot and delicious and we got exactly what we ordered. We sat and talked for quite a while after we ate (a mini-family reunion) and we were never rushed or given dirty looks.

The highlight of the meal was the Monday and Tuesday special, the $1.79 fried green tomatoes. We all LOVED them. I think we ate about 5-6 orders. Every single slice was crispy and hot and the dipping sauce was perfect.

Loved the place and hope to get back for some more tomatoes when I'm in Louisville. The only negative was having the family at two tables. Wish we could have waited for one.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crestwood, KY
“The "comfort" in comfort food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Goose Creek Diner is a popular East End restaurant located near the intersection of Westport Road and Goose Creek Rd. Originally the site of a Pizza Hut, it has now found its niche as a neighborhood eatery with a diverse menu likely to satisfy any taste - steaks, chops, chicken, pasta, seafood, sandwiches, etc. I've never been a fan of fried green tomatoes, but give theirs a try - accompanied by a zesty dipping sauce. The menu includes arguably the best southern fried chicken you'll find in town - tender, moist, with a golden brown crispy skin. Open for lunch and dinner - plus, a Sunday Brunch.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best fried green tomatoes in Kentucky!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Love this place! Great home style cooking, best fried green tomatoes in Louisville. Great choices, reasonable prices and relaxed atmosphere. Small, but well worth the wait!

• Visited March 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This resturant has some great down home cooking! I've never tried fried green tomatoes, but I tried them here and they were delicious!! I've always wanted to try them, but I know you have to be careful with where you try things! Would recommend it to anyone! Great service as well!

• Visited March 2013