“Best sushi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sapporo Japanese Steakhouse

Sapporo Japanese Steakhouse
649 South 4th Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Highlands)
(502) 589-3333
Neighborhood: Highlands
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Best sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We ordered miso soup, pretty good for the price $2, 2 California rolls, 1 rookie roll and 1 shrimp tempura roll. Rolls were fresh and rather large. The rookie roll was spicy as it mentioned, one of the best rolls I've ever had. This place was great, I will definitely stop by here if ever in downtown Louisville again. It's real close to the Brown Hotel, a bonus for those staying there.

London, United Kingdom
“Good sushi...average entrees ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was quite impressed with the quality and creativeness of the sushi at this restaurant. It had your big standard American sushi choices like Cali and Philly rolls but they also ha a creative thoughtful mix of unique dishes. The portions were good value for money.

My partner and I only ha sushi but other members of our family tired the scallops and a chicken dish - the overall consensus was that it was a little boring and they wishes they would he stuck with sushi.

The service was efficient but not friendly.

My main issue and the reason I am only giving it 3 stars is that all the high chair lap belts were broken. This basically meant that our 1 year old had to eat in his stroller. It was very annoying and messy!!

Overall I'd say stick with sushi and avoid it if you have small children.

Arlington, Virginia
“Quite decent bento box for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food was three stars, but the service was very good and the outside patio area is really nice, so I bumped it to four stars. I went to Sapporo with some colleagues for lunch in late May 2013. We all ordered the bento boxes, which were $10 at the time. A good deal, I think. You get a little salad to start, a choice of meat or fish (chicken teriyaki, salmon teriyaki, bulgogi, etc.), a couple of pieces of California (?) roll, a couple of shumai/gyoza, a bit of tempura, rice, etc. You won't go hungry. It's very close to the Brown Hotel, where I was staying, so I definitely would recommend it to folks staying there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Indiana
“Accomodating Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is a few doors down from the Brown Hotel. Classy modern decor, staff is accommodating to large parties, quick service, varied menu of entrees and drinks.

Visited May 2013
Piner, Kentucky, United States
“great hibachi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We ate at the one on Bardstown road, as downtown does not have hibachi tables. The place was packed!!! I had a spicy tuna roll which was mmm mmm good. The Hibachi was good, however not as entertaining as up here at home. The cook did not flip zucchini at each person, and there was no saki squirting going on like we are used to. But those things are trivial. I was soooo full. I only had the chicken, and I could not finish it all which is very rare. Wife had the Veggies as usual, and had plenty! I didn't like our table partners though, as you sit at a grille to enjoy the show. these pompus people were on their phones the entire time, and 2 didn't even order from the grille wasting 2 seats. The young couple next to us also on phones whole time, didn't eat the soup salad, and the guy had no veggies. Again Why go if you are not there to enjoy the food prep.
I recommend it highly. Make reservations, It was packed. and good prices!

Visited May 2013