“Gem in Old Louisville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buck's Restaurant & Bar

Buck's Restaurant & Bar
425 W Ormsby Ave, Louisville, KY 40203-3086 (Old Louisville)
(502) 637-5284
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Louisville
“Gem in Old Louisville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

You walk into Buck's and feel like you're transported to a different place. Huge vases of white flowers adorn the bar and restaurant. The interior feels like its from a different time period, but it a good way. It's classy without being stuffy. What about the food? Amazing. I would put it up against most restaurants in Louisville. Its all good. I've never had a bad meal here. My favorites are the country fried quail, crispy fish, and the pork chop. The service is good, the prices are reasonable, and you get a ton of food. Do yourself a favor and check this place out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Louisville, Kentucky
“Good food but Worst Service in Louisville”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were served good food but experienced worst service by a restaurant in Louisville. Although this place was not in the best area of town we took a leap of faith with a groupon and reviews and decided to try it out. We had a groupon for $80 value and the bill was $87, the restaurant manager refused to honor the groupon and took $40 off the bill saying things like that they are not a non-profit business and in the business for making money, making us feel really bad. I asked the that all the groupon listed fine print is valid then why would she take that position and risk losing customers. I asked her for a complaint form and her name and i was sent a restaurant card back with her name on it. I asked that so i dont get any benefit for buying the groupon for $40 giving me $80 value if all she is taking off the bill is $40 and she told me that i would have to order one more entree in order to use groupon, although the groupon listed no such condition. We ordered one more entree and waitied for one more hour before we were allowed to use our groupon.
I advise restaurant goers to be very aware of this establishments non-ethical practices when visiting this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bucks425, Owner at Buck's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Sir,
I want to apologize for your experience here on Saturday night. It is never our intention to send our guest(s) away upset. We were only following the rules stated on the Groupon. At the top of the Groupon you purchased, it stated "Dinner for Four". I realize that you had four people in your party: you, your wife, and your two young children. I understand how confusing the Groupons can be. It states that you should give the server the Groupon when seated, so that the server can ensure you know what it is you should order in case you did not read the fine print. If we had known you had a Groupon, the server could have avoided this from happening by ensuring you purchased 4 entrees for the 4 members in your party.

You had only ordered three entrees, and when we were unable to redeem your Groupon because of this, we gave you two options: to either purchase another entree so that you could redeem the full amount of 80 dollars, or that we could take off the forty dollars which you had initially paid for when purchasing the Groupon.
It is very difficult for us to approach a customer and inform them that they cannot use the Groupon when their interpretation of what the Groupon says is different than what is actually stated on the Groupon. Our computers keep us honest and we can’t take a Groupon off unless it has followed the guidelines that are stated in the “fine print” of the Groupon.
I was also very concerned about how long you stated it took for your fourth entrée to arrive, so I checked the ticket time, and noticed that it only took sixteen minutes to be sent to your table. However, I do understand that sitting and waiting on something always seems like a lot longer than it really is.
Once again, I apologize for your experience here at Buck's.
“Look elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

For our last three visits, the food was over cooked, wait staff was inadequate, and the food was very overpriced for the quality served. It is best to patron a different local restaurant rather than be disappointed for value/quality again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis
“Perfect for special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Food is outstanding. Great atmosphere. We were there in November when the regular pianist was working...he was great. When we were there last week there was a sub on the piano...not as good. We will continue to stop there as we drive through Lousviille in the future

Visited December 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent, perfect evening with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were invited out with another couple and was pleasantly surprised. The fried quail was fanastic, breading was crisp and the sausage stuffing was superb. I ordered their special, Shrimp and scallops pasta with a fried oyster topping. Desert was first rate, flourless chocolate torte and our friends ordered the creme brulee. Both deserts to lust for. The price for 4 with wine, desert, salads. soups and main entree was less that $200.

• Visited December 2013