“Thank You Trip Advisor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buck's Restaurant & Bar

Buck's Restaurant & Bar
425 W Ormsby Ave, Louisville, KY 40203-3086 (Old Louisville)
(502) 637-5284
Neighborhood: Old Louisville
Lexington, KY
“Thank You Trip Advisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

What a great find using Trip Advisor. Don't know that I would have found this gem any other way. Loved everything about our dinner at Buck's. Décor, service and food were all outstanding. Absolutely recommend to anyone visiting Louisville.

• Visited January 2013

Aiken, South Carolina
“Best chicken and pork chop we have ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The pecan crusted chicken with country ham bourbon sauce was mouth watering tender and a taste treat unlike anything I have had before. My brother had the pork chop and my wife had the quail. Each raved about their dish and as we shared bites we were astonished at the complexity of each entree. The bourbon list holds,I think, all the bourbons available including. 23 year old Pappy's. What a great find near downtown Louisville. I will recommend this place to G&G for their Best of the South column. Great service and ambience. It is located in an old hotel now converted into an apartment complex.

• Visited January 2013
“Old Louisville treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great New York Steak. Excellent wine by glass. Don't miss bourbon list. Service excellent. Don't miss this place for an excellent dining experience.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Do you want the best steak in Louisville?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I thought I had eaten good steak in Louisville before, think Ruth's Chris, etc., but my first visit here was simply a gastronomical delight. this occurred in November, 4 of us for dinner. Service at the door impeccable, immediately seated and drink order taken. Plenty of time given to peruse the menu.

I ordered the filet, well done (not rare). The steak came cooked to perfection, thoroughly charcoled on the outside and cooked all the way through but still extremely juicy and cuttable with a dining fork. Truly the 2nd best steak I have ever eaten in my life (and I have eaten a bunch) but the best ever in the city of Louisville.

• Visited November 2012
louisville, ky
“Love the atmosphere at Buck's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I eat at Buck's frequently for lunch. The setting is beautiful and the price for lunch is reasonable considering the place. The food is delicious. Buck is usually on hand and very friendly. The fresh flowers on every table are beautiful.

• Visited December 2012