“Perfect place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Louisville, Kentucky
“Perfect place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a perfect place if you want a fantastic steak!! Unlike the chain restaurants, this is locally owned and you can see that in the loving way they care for their establishment. The food is fantastic, the atmosphere and decor are great and the service is wonderful. There is always a wait, so make sure you get your reservations in!!!

Visited December 2011

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Pat's, Nice Folks..but didn't knock our socks off.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Servers with Gym Shoes, very old decor, outside of the building dirty. 80 degrees when we first sat down in the restaurant. Cash and Personal check only, no Credit Cards. Really nice folks though, Pat walked around and greeted people, and our server was really nice. They also really helped us celebrate our anniversary with their hospitality. I was dissapointed with the steak, it was a filet but came out with a bacon wrap, and the shape of it was very odd. Also, it lacked a real good season to it, and just left something to be desired. The house bleu cheese is awesome, and you get a salad, and two sides with your steak, so it is more affordable than your common, ala-carte type steakjoint (the greenbeans are excellent, hasbrowns were ok). Decent Wine List, but the server didn't know the wines enough to give me a recommendation, based on my likes I told him. We were in and out within an hour of getting there, which is just too fast for a "fine" dining experience. I worked in fine dining for a couple of years growing up, and I can honestly say, this is more of a family oriented, cross between a fine dining steakhouse, and an Irish Outback type place.

Visited October 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Steak at an Equally Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am a steak snob. I want it cooked precisely as requested and to have excellent flavor. Pat's has not ever failed! The steak is wonderful. The sides are just as good. I can also recommend the fried oysters. These are some of the largest oysters you will ever see. The are great and with very little breading. The bleu cheese dressing is homemade and the best in town! The atmosphere reminds one of the 50s with old standards playing in the background. Very romantic! My son, requested we make reservations here for he and his date before Trinity's Winter dance. This is our son-inlaw's favorite restaurant. While he was in Afganistan, Pat never failed to ask about him. Needless to say, we love Pat's!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Augusta, Georgia
“It doesn't get better than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on here for Pat's, I can't help but wonder...are you people just crazy or are we eating at completely different restaurants?

Pat's is a family tradition. My mom and her brother have been going there for years and are pretty close with the owners (it's a completely family owned business by the way). However, my few experiences at Pat's were when I was too young to remember.

At 23, after going for dinner while up in Louisville for my cousin's wedding, I can now say that I fully understand the Pat's experience and let me honestly tell you what you can expect:
- A quirky environment and decorations with a rustic pub-like charm.
- Homemade salad dressings and THE BEST bleu cheese dressing you will ever have. We were literally putting that stuff on everything - rolls, baked potatoes, etc.
- If you order the filet mignon - be prepared to see a filet the size of your plate. So tender too!
- Family style sides: each meal comes with a salad and your choice of potato, but they also bring out big bowls of sides to be shared among the table. The cauliflower is seriously the best I've ever had.
- Quality service. Even with our large group, our waiter managed to be attentive and kind. I was surprised because I had ordered a second glass of wine during my meal and since he did not bring it to me until I was done eating he said it was on the house for being late! That's good customer service.
- A good deal for your money. I'm not saying that Pat's is cheap by any means, but in a time when most steak places charge you for additional items, the fact that Pat provides salad, a potato and sides with your meal makes it a good deal to me.

Even my boyfriend who is hard to please when it comes to steaks cannot stop talking about Pat's and their blue cheese! He ate all of his meal AND finished mine off too because "food this good can't go to waste."

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sweedn, KY
“Mouth Watering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My first trip to this place was while attending a rehersal dinner with other family members. My husband and I was definety impressed with the quality of our dinner. Hope to be back again sometime.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere