“Unexpected deliciousness!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramsi's Cafe On the World

Ramsi's Cafe On the World
1293 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40204-1303 (Highlands)
(502) 451-0700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 1,517 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian, Middle Eastern, Moroccan, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Highlands
Roselle, Illinois, United States
“Unexpected deliciousness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

While in Louisville, my boyfriend and I wanted to go to a restaurant that was unique to Louisville and that we couldn’t get back home. A different place was recommended to us, but unfortunately their kitchen was closed when we walked in. I asked them for suggestions for dinner so late (it was about 10:30 on a Monday night) and they said Ramsis is open late. We knew where it was because we had just driven through the Highlands, which looks like the cutest neighborhood.

Upon pulling up to it, the sign is not lit and it doesn’t really stand out, so I don’t think we ever would have gone there without it being suggested. Sure enough, their kitchen is open late, and there were several full tables.

Our waitress was great (Kristen?) and gave several suggestions and let me try a sample of beer before ordering. My boyfriend got the fish tacos and I got the grouper with crab cakes. BF is kind of a fish taco snob, and he said they were great! Midwest places can’t always get it right, especially after having them in California. My grouper was delicious, with a great sauce. And the crab cakes were excellent. The portions were huge, too! BF got a box, and I finished my fish but we were both too full for dessert. We did have our eye on the Kentucky Bourbon Crème Brulee, but we’ll have to try it another time!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Food was disappointing and atmosphere lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are at Ramsi's last night and it was disappointing. I ordered a steak and potatoes and the potatoes were raw and he steak was burned on the outside and very rare in the middle( I ordered it medium). My husband's fajitas were just ok . The restaurant atmosphere was kind of dirty and dingy and there was nous if playing which made it feel like a cafeteria . We're not going back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids
“Authentic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

What a wonderful selection of authentic dishes from around the world. Very unique. I had the Egyptian plate, Kathy had the Italian. Even the Italian and Mexican selections are made in a presentation not usually found at other restaurants. Most selections can be made as vegetarian or vegan on request.

Visited February 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Frequent Flyer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Every Louisvillian will agree that Ramsi's is the place you can go any night and get a delicious meal, reasonably priced, excellent bar, and with a great selection. Also you can't beat the location. In the warmer months, the patio is a great place to sit as well.

Freehold, New Jersey
“So many foods, so little time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Another excellent meal at Ramsi's Cafe. I'm only able to go when traveling to Louisville, KY for business, but always have Ramsi's at the top of my restaurant list. So many different & wonderful foods on their menu - exotic, but in a friendly, delicious way. Portions are big enough for sharing around - try a tapas style dinner, so you can sample. The first time, I had the Crabcakes, this visit was the Thai-style Curry Paella. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the atmospehere casual - the outdoor patio in warmer weather is a great way to have dinner. If you find yourself in Louisville, and want to try some thing new, give the BBQ joints and Irish pubs a rest, and head to Ramsi's!!