“Did not like sauces on ribs and pork.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #802 of 1,440 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Prospect, KY
“Did not like sauces on ribs and pork.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The baby back ribs are big and meaty and a little tough. They were not fall off the bone. The sauces are what are so bad. Tried them all and didn' t like any of them. It was carryout and I told them I didn't care for any of their sauces and would use my Sweet Baby Rays sauce at home.
Also got pulled pork platter. Problem the pulled pork was soaked in their sauce. Not good.
The Texas toast was good as was the potatoe salad. Baked beans ok. Fried okra and Brunswick stew good. Side servings good size.
I would not return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Louisville, Kentucky
“Very well prepared BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I love this place to run in on a Saturday while I am running errands and get the small BBQ sandwich. The meat is very well prepared with no fat. I like that they have a variety of different sauces that you can squirt out of bottles that are available on a self serve stand. This place is very casual as demonstrated by the roll of paper towels on each table to use as napkins. Paper towels make much more sense when you are eating BBQ sandwiches that are so full of meat, you have to pick up the piece with your fingers as they fall out of your sandwich. There are choices of many sides, but I like to get the fried okra. I always ask for mine to be extra crispy because I think that with the way the fix them here, they are just better with a bit of extra frying. The place has many large booths which is perfect for a large group or family. I have noticed that a lot of folks get carry out orders here, and they do fix those to go orders with containers containing the sauces that you want. All in all a tasty place with great meats!

Visited August 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great BBQ and Tenders”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Love the Big Daddy BBQ sandwich. It's like cafeteria style. You get your own drink's. My wife loves the peach tea. The people are friendly, the food is very tasty. I would like to see some additional sauce flavors. The chicken tenders are huge and very tasty. I heard they use only the freshest ingredients. They don't have a microwave so it's no warming it up and serving. I heard the BBQ pork, the tenders, and the ribs are never frozen. They are fresh, so that could explain how good and tasty everything is. They cater also.

• Visited January 2013