“My only regret is we didn't try it sooner!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Coop Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 1,519 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: La Coop offers French comfort food with a modern twist. Located inside the award-winning Green Building in Louisville's NuLu district, guests will be greeted with classic bistro fair paired with well chosen French wine list, European inspired cocktails and a nice selection of French/Belgian ales.
Louisville
“My only regret is we didn't try it sooner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We live in Louisville, and going out to dinner is our hobby. Our favorite restaurants include Mayan Cafe, Seviche, Palermo Viejo. We had La Coop on our list for a while and finally made it in. We were no disappointed.
I had the Vieux Carre bourbon cocktail, and my wife and I both tried "Vins Maison", which reminded me of sangria taking a day-trip to Paris. Good stuff.
We had the Pecan and Bacon & Egg salads, both perfectly prepared.
I had the Steak Frites, my wife the Coq au Vin. Both delicious.
We will be back, hopefully when it's warmer and we can sit outdoors.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Louisville, Kentucky
“Only if you like classic French dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We make La Coop our Oaks dinner tradition. Yes, it's small, yes, it's crowded, yes the menu is limited but we love it. Everything taste amazing. Do not expect large portions, but totally satisfying to my taste.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

What a wonderful dining experience, from appetizers to dessert, it was perfectly delicious and completely enjoyable.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Too small and very noisy.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is over rated... It is very small and the noise level and atmosphere make it feel like being in a diner... NOT a French restaurant. There are tables that view nothing but the kitchen and bathroom... Tacky.
Food was ok, but not worthy of what they charge.

Visited January 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Classic French, Very Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We are not French gourmands, but we have been to France several times. The dinner we enjoyed this evening at La Coop seemed quite authentic. There is something about French cooking that combines smooth, rich, savory flavors with fresh ingredients, which La Coop seems to have mastered. We started with la charcuterie, an assortment of house-made pates and relishes with salami, toast, and a delicious mustard. It was perfect with our martinis. My husband had the soup of the day, lovely roasted pumpkin topped with pumpkin seeds and parsley. I had the frisée salad with a poached egg on top which lent silky richness. My husband enjoyed the cassoulet, savory duck and cannelini beans. I had the bouillabaisse, melt-in-your-mouth fish, mussels, and clams in a light tomato broth. Both dishes were piping hot. We ate almost every bite and thus had no room for dessert, which is too bad because it looked like other tables were enjoying theirs. The service was pleasant and efficient. This is the closest we have experienced to a real, higher- end French bistro in the U.S. It is a tiny dining room so I suggest reservations, which we easily made on Open Table.