“Great French Bistro in Louisville!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: La Coop offers French comfort food with a modern twist. Located inside the award-winning Green Building in Louisville's NuLu district, guests will be greeted with classic bistro fair paired with well chosen French wine list, European inspired cocktails and a nice selection of French/Belgian ales.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great French Bistro in Louisville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We'd heard about La Coop Bistro opening and were looking forward to trying it. Well, we've been there twice already and love it! Both times, I had the Coq au vin - delicious!! Also, the salad with the blue cheese ice cream is both imaginative and delicious. We had the pommes frites one night and also the green beans. Both were nice additions to our meals. The service is great and the cocktails are excellent! Give it a try, but make a reservation - the get quite busy!!

• Visited August 2012

louisville, kentucky
“La Coop Bistro = Excellente!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our monthly 'working ladies who lunch' brought us to La Coop Bistro on a Tuesday around 11:30 a.m. right before the rush hour. Immediate seating and very attentive service by our waiter. My friend's appetizer of escargots was to die for and swimming in a heavenly garlic butter sauce. My other dining companion selected pommes frites and after just one taste I was HOOKED! This coming from a person who typically detests 'french fries.' Before I knew it, I had placed our table's second order for pommes frites!

My coq au vin entree consisted of three very meaty chicken thighs with pearl onions and whole carrots - braised ever so tender and very good. One companion chose wild caught salmon with corn while the other had bouillabaisse. Both were very happy with their selections.

We wrapped things up with pouding au pain - by far the MOST DELICIOUS bananas foster bread pudding with bourbon maple brown sugar streusel and bourbon barrel ice cream ever known to man! This stuff is seriously addictive. Can't wait to return for dinner!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, Kentucky
“It is our new favorite.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

It is difficult to please me in the food department, but they did a fabulous job. We went for lunch, and will go back again to try many more items on the menu. The food was great quality and service excellent. We sat at the bar because it was packed at lunch, and now I know why. Do try- you will love it.

Louisville, KY
“finally. good French food in Louisville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have been here for lunch and dinner and the food was consistently first rate. The service was very good, and the only problems are noise (hey, I know it's a small restaurant but please turn off the music) and a menu that was too heavy for Louisville as hot as Baghdad in July.

Visited July 2012
“I'm in Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

La Coop was a great find! Authentic French food at a very reasonable price. The service was bar none the best I have ever experienced! Needless to say my party stayed a little after.closing but they continued to make us feel welcome. Try it and you will go back!