“Great Staff and a great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

You added Louisville Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Louisville Marriott Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 West Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Atkinson, New Hampshire
“Great Staff and a great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

This hotel is characterized by an excellent downtown location, extremely nice staff who willingly goes the extra mile to make your stay pleasant, and is coupled with a nice room.

They could not accomodate the room I had requested weeks ago. Free access to the concierge lounge was given as a result. I had difficulty accessing the wireless internet and was given acces for free. I had to extend my stay, and they continued these offers. A request for a late check out was granted without a problem

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

The hotel itself seemed fine to me... pretty typical downtown Marriott. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was OK... although it had an old fashioned TV (not a flat screen). I do agree with the criticism about the bed covers... you had a choice of a very heavy comforter or a very light sheet, and nothing in between.

Unlike one of the earlier contributors, I didn't have any problem with the self parking. The garage entrance is on the street behind the hotel (Liberty St.), and you use your room card to enter and exit, including when you leave for good.

This hotel is very convenient when working in Southern Indiana, because it's right beside Second St. which leads to the bridge across the river. Maybe five minutes tops to get there.

I wasn't very happy with room service for dinner. It was barely adequate... and included problems like badly (and obviously) wilted lettuce on a turkey club. I tried the food court at 4th Street Live one night and found it to be pretty dicey. There's all of about three fast food joints there, and they are only marginally functional at 6:00 in the evening. Hardly anyone was at the food court, and some of those who were there were pretty shady. I won't go back there.

I wouldn't mind staying here again, but hopefully they will have made some much needed adjustments to the room service food.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I walked in to get a room for myself and my Fiance' to have a night out and was told after swiping my card that it was declined and that I could go get money out of the ATM and pay cash. After telling them there must have been a mistake and letting them know that the card was a credit card and there were funds available, the front desk attendant insisted that I go "get cash". I decided to leave and go elsewhere. I noticed about a month later that there was a charge on my card from this hotel. Initially I thought it must be a mistake. After calling Marriott Louisville Downtown and being told that they have no way of confirming that I did not infact stay there, and that they show my card being swiped, I was told that if I wish to file a claim with my Credit Card company, I may. The person (Jerk) I spoke to was named Claud. I spoke with my credit card company and they showed that the transaction was in fact entered manually the following morning, after I was turned away. To make a long story short after several months, of documenting what happened and returning phone calls I was told that Marriott still would not refund my money for a night I never spent in their establishment. I would never stay in this hotel after my experience.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and used the valet parking and had a nice pair of Oakley sunglasses stolen from my car the night before I checked out. I spoke with the valet manager and he flat out lied to my face about replacing them. After at least 10 phone calls to valet manager, front dest manager, Marriott sercurity manager and an executive assistant I find out they are not going to replace my sunglasses. I could not get anyone to return my calls.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed here over the 4th weekend, and we were very happy with our stay. They accepted my request of a high floor room, and we were able to watch the fireworks from our window!

Earlier in the day, we were able to walk to the riverfront and downtown area. It was very nice and conveinant. The parking was over $20, but being from Chicago, I am pretty used to being gouged on the parking ;)

Rooms were clean and comfortable. The soap/shampoo got me hopelessly hooked on the Orange Ginger stuff from Bath & Body Works. I love the smell! The pool was clean and large, my kids had a great time. They also loved how it wasn't on the ground floor- the kids got a kick of the pool being on the third floor!

The onsite restaurant was awesome as well- Champions is now one of my favorites! Try the Snicker's pie for a real treat.

This hotel was a good example of why Marriot's are so well liked. Clean, comfortable bedding. Friendly staff, excellent restaurants. The parking was steep, but for being right downtown it's expected. I would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I like Marriott... they are consistently nice and clean, and staff is consistently helpful. This one was no exception. Hotel was clean. Service was great. Staff did whatever they need to to insure a great stay.

But it is WAY overpriced. Was part of a convention in town. Paid $269/night for a standard room + $14/night for internet + $25/night for parking, plus $40.38 per night in LOUISVILLE in DECEMBER.

But, once one gets that out of the way, it is directly across the street from the Kentucky International Convention Center and connected to just about everything downtown via skybridges (avoiding the freezing cold and the resident homeless panhandlers).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Hotel is very nice, but they charge $21 per night to park and $12.95 per day for internet access. Ridiculous!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Louisville Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!