“short trip to the Ville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

Save Saved
You added Louisville Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Louisville Marriott Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 West Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Shawnee, Kansas
“short trip to the Ville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I'll start off by just pointing out some of the positive notes about the hotel. It's located downtown in Louisville which is not terrible large, so its a great location for walking to most of the surrounding attractions. The Yum Center, Muhammad Ali Museum, The Louisville Slugger museum, 4th Street Live, the Opera House, Louisville River-walk, and the Evan Williams distillery are all very close. This gives you plenty of options to walk to on your stay. A short drive down the highway will get you to some must-see attractions such as Valhalla Golf Club (PGA championship site) and a long list of bourbon distilleries. Ease of moving around is definitely one of the positives of this city. There are also a number of restaurants with excellent bourbon selections, some of which can not be purchased in store because of exclusivity. I recommend Z's Oyster Bar and Steakhouse for proximity, bourbon selection, excellent service, and a can't miss selection food (try the Walu, if its available).

Now, the hotel itself is simple, clean, and what you would expect from a Marriott. Excellent service, a good dine in restaurant (enjoyed my breakfast buffet, thank you), and a nicely stocked concierge lounge. The lounge has a great view facing north towards Indiana. We caught a great view of all the fireworks near the river and around the city on the 4th of July. Also, don't go without getting one of those fresh chocolate chip cookies.

Lastly, the staff was great and tended to our every needs. I thank them and the city of Louisville for putting on a great time.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the river side
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Chris F,

It is great to hear you were able to walk to so many of what Louisville has to offer. What was your favorite place on the trip?

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you while in Louisville. BLU Brunch was just named "Best Brunch in Louisville" by Open Table so we are glad you enjoyed it. Our Concierge Lounge's view of the river and skyline provide a great view for any fireworks.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Eamon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Great comfortable room, amazing service at the front desk and valet stand, Champions was good and the upscale restaurant looked nice, fitness room was perfect, concierge lounge breakfast was excellent....this is really a great Marriott property

avidtraveler1976,
Thank you for your feedback.

I will make sure that the Front desk, Valet, Champions, and Concierge Lounge read your recognition. Our team loves to serve and truly appreciates your feedback.

Good job staying on track with our fitness center while on the road! I've been slacking this summer and need to get back to it. Thank you for the motivation.

Take care,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed one night recently for a conference. The location was convenient... 4th St. Live with food options is within walking distance as is the Ohio River... The staff was outstanding from the Concierge to the Valets... everyone seemed to enjoy what they did and made me feel special! Conference rooms where spacious and food outstanding! Only complaint was that conference rooms were a bit cold but for the other conveniences... I put on a sweater!

Lori U,
Thank you for your feedback. What was your favorite place on 4th Street? In the summer they have weekly concerts which are free to the public and are a lot of fun. We are connected to 4th Street so it is very convenient as you mentioned.

We will recognize our Concierge staff as well as our valet for their service. Thank you for taking the time to point them out!

We strive to ensure all of our guests have comfortable temperatures while here, so I apologize the room was a little bit cold. The next time you are here, you can dial x1000 from any house phone and they will be able to assist in adjusting the temperature.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am in Louisville on Business and every time there is availability at this hotel - I make sure I book a room! Very clean rooms, the staff are EXTREMELY nice and friendly. The staff is very attentive to your every need - today in question, my toilet was overflowing for some reason. I switched off the water from the mains and called the front desk. I was told someone would be up to check it out in 2 minutes. I was ready to take a nap because in other places when they say they will be there in a minute, it meant at least a 30 minute wait. Yes - within 2 minutes of the call, a nice and jolly older gentleman (forgotten his name - the engineer) knocked on my door and fixed the problem. Cleaned the bathroom with disinfectant and gave me extra clean towels. Was impressed and very happy. Will be staying again next time I come to Louisville - DEFINITELY!

ninomoi,
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay. We appreciate you staying with us for your business trip to Louisville.

Our Engineering team is always willing to help assist and I am glad they were able to help with your toilet issue. We will hunt down the nice and jolly gentleman to recognize him.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hudsonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a conference and the aspect that stood out was the incredible staff. Valets kindly asked if we needed directions, wait staff at banquets always made sure we had everything we wanted, and the front desk was more than happy to help with any request. "My pleasure" was a constant reply and the staff always seemed HAPPY to be serving their guests. The rooms were clean and the beds extremely comfortable. My only complaint is the pool. Although decent in size, it looks like it has a grimy, dirty bottom. I never swam myself but my kids still enjoyed it- it just surprised me to have that pool when everything else at the hotel was so clean. One last thing - it was a fabulous location. We were able to easily walk to several fantastic restaurants.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kamarah S,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and kind words about our staff. Our team takes great pride in providing excellent hospitality and we are grateful for your recognition.

I will pass along your recognition to the valet and housekeeping teams. Regarding your comment on the pool, I can understand why you said that. The pool bottom is actually metal which can give the appearance of being dirty. However I can assure you that it is continually cleaned, along with all areas of the hotel.

We look forward to serving you again in Louisville.

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We recently attended a conference at this hotel and were extremely satisfied with both our room and the conference facilities! The room was quiet and well furnished with a very comfortable bed. The conference facilities were well positioned (though a little cold for me) and easy to navigate!
The food for the meals during the conference was well above average and much better than the traditional mystery meat covered with gravy! If you are involved in hosting a corporate event in Louisville, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
KentuckyDerbyGirl,
First of all-that's a great name you have. Secondly, thank you for staying with us for your recent conference. Our rooms were recently renovated and we have brand new mattresses to ensure you are well rested for your conference.

Our banquet culinary team has been recognized by meeting planners as having the #1 food & beverage quality in over 330 Marriott hotels in North America. We are glad you enjoyed your meals here.

We look forward to serving you again in Louisville soon.

Easley, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is a really nice Hotel. We used the valet parking that cost 27 USD for parking in the garage, Not bad and the crew was very helpful.
We had a little trouble with checking but that was because of my weird last name. I had wifi included and the VIP lounge which include a good breakfast. The fitness and pool area was really nice even had handicap access for the pool. The Hotel have 2 really nice bars and a cool Italien restaurant. The Hotel is close to the 4th street where all the bars and restaurant is.
Overall a good Hotel but I will say that is a bit prici, we just came from Chicago where I stayed at the Hyatt and it ended being cheaper with the same items included. If I´m going back to Louisville I will probably try the Hyatt, it looked really nice. We ended paying 332 USD with everything.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 17th floor, what an amazing view. The weird thing was that there quite a lot of noi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Eamon_OBrien, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Jakobbr79,
Thank you for our review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us.
Our team prides itself on providing exceptional customer service starting from the front drive and continuing throughout the hotel.

I will follow up with the front desk to see what we can do to ensure your next check-in process is a little bit smoother.

Thank you for stopping by our two bars, both the Bar at Blu (on the Urban Bourbon Trail) as well as Champions (sports bar). What did you end up having?

We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Louisville. Please let me know how we can be of assistance.

Eamon

Been to Louisville Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!