“Always a good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

You added Louisville Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Louisville Marriott Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 West Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #10 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Always a good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Due to the convenience of the Downtown Marriott for a yearly trip to a trade show, I have stayed here a few times. As mentioned by others, it's proximity to restaurants and fourth street live, makes the Marriott a good choice.
Rooms are typical with comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Staff is willing to assist when asked. The basement parking garage is safe and easy to navigate.
The renovated gym offers weights, treadmills with TV's clean towels and bottled water and is open to guests with room key access.
Champs is an average joint for a drink and quick burger. Too many other places to eat two blocks away.
If your holding a Marriott Rewards card, stay here for sure.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here for a conference in March 2014 and was throughly impressed by the quality of the hotel, from the decorations and cleanliness of the interior (lobby, restaurants, and rooms) to the cheerful and friendly staff, who went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. My only complaint is that the beds were most definitely on the soft side, making a good night's sleep a bit of a challenge.

This will most definitely be a return hotel destination for us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our room was very clean and large, bathroom was nice but my roommate had to sleep on a cot that was brought into the room since the organization we were with had just asked for deluxe rooms and the hotel did not have any rooms left with two beds, we were told, even after talking to a manager. The front desk was apologetic but I had made reservations two months prior but have since taken this up with the organization I was with during the conference...not the hotel's fault. The parking garage was handy and not real full, easy to navigate in/out of with easy in-out privileges at a discount since we took up most of the hotel. I did try out one of their two restaurants while there, Champions Sports Bar & Grille. The other restaurant was more for dining, BLU Italian Grille which I did not get a chance to try. However, I was not at all impressed with Champions. I could not believe it was a Marriott property. It looked dirty and our server did not seem that personable. I almost could not eat my lunch because of the underlying taste. It was served after a long wait.

Room Tip: Get 7th floor or higher, city view.
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a great Marriott in the center of downtown Louisville. It is well appointed and has many amenities. I came to Louisville on business travel -- my first stop was San Diego --- I was surprised that my hotel room was more expensive in Louisville then in San Diego and I stayed at a "luxury" collection hotel while in SD. Not sure why the price was high -- but still a good property.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely amazing. The staff was very kind and knowledgeable about all of the events that were occurring with in their building. The food was excellent and the hotel is located within walking distance from a variety of attractions. I will definitely stay here every time I come to Louisville!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David R, Manager at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Sarah;

Thank you for your 5-star review on Trip-Advisor. We strive to provide great customer service, and it nice to see when that is recognized by our guests.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Louisville. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with future stays.

David Rowland
Director of Food and Beverage
502-671-4280
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This is a "nice" hotel, in that the lobby and rooms are nice, but I expect more from a Marriott.
1) I'm allergic to feathers (as it says in my Marriott "profile"). I've been told only the pillows in the room have real feathers so I always ask for a foam pillow. Every time I've stayed at this hotel my profile is ignored and I have to ask many times before getting the foam pillow. And as it turns out, the rest of the bed must actually have real feathers because I've had bad allergic reaction and got no sleep.

2). The toilet in my room was broken (broken chain on the flusher). I had to ask the front desk twice to send maintenance.

3). When I turned on the faucet the hardware came off in my hand.
It seems the cheap route was taken when the bathrooms were being assembled.

Overall customer service is decent--but not great.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I really enjoy staying here. The rooms are newer and clean. The staff is very nice. The gentleman making omletts for the brunch is the best, he really loves cooking and it shows. Plus he makes a great omlette.

Dr. Gary;

Many thanks for the great review. We have shared your praise with Michael our omelet chef, and the rest of our team here at the Marriott.

Thank you for being one of our most loyal guests. Hopefully we see you again soon.

David Rowland