“Good spot to stay for Yum Center events” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

You added Louisville Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Louisville Marriott Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 West Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #15 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good spot to stay for Yum Center events”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice 3 night stay at this hotel. We had tickets to a U of L basketball game and to a concert by The Who, both events at the KFC Yum Center. The hotel is a safe two block walk to the venue and is only a short walk from the 4th Street Live area, which is a popular area for weekend entertainment. The hotel restaurant and bar were nice as was the Champions Sports Bar attached to the lobby area. We also enjoyed the Concierge Lounge a couple of times during our stay. The valet parking was courteous and efficient but at $26 per day was a bit too high. Wifi wasn't free either, which I always hate.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room on one of the higher floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SDFLM, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting your recent stay to enjoy both Cardinal Basketball and The Who Concert at the YUM Center. We are thrilled that we were able to serve as your hub for your weekend in the city and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Lexington KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed overnight to take in the Who concert at the KFC Yum Center. Checked in at 6 p.m. smoothly, even though the clerk said they had handled 500 guest room checkouts only hours before and the housekeeping staff was hustling to clean the rooms for another almost-full night. After checking into a beautiful room we went downstairs to ask the assistant manager about a restaurant recommendation. He gave us a map, named several (there were many nearby) but cautioned that most would have a wait to be seated. He then recommended the hotel restaurant, BLUE right off the lobby. We took his advice even though our experience told us hotel staff always recommended their own dining. BLUE was excellent. Service super and the assistant manager treated us to a shot of premium tequila. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments for your recent stay with us while you enjoyed The Who concert at the YUM Center. We are excited that you had such a great experience with both your check ini on this very busy weekend and especially for your great experience in Blu Italian Grille. We are glad that you took the reccommendation of the desk staff to dine with us and we will be sure to share your comments with both our front office and restaurant teams.

Mishawaka, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I just wanted to write a quick review in regards to my recent business trip to Louisville. This was my first stay at the Marriot and I was very pleased with how everything went. The Hotel was very clean, the rooms were cozy, the hotel staff was friendly and very eagar to lend a recommendation on a place to eat. Everyone in our business convention were trying to leave at the same time. The staff handled the "rush" very well and professionally. If I were to visit the area again I would be willing to go out of my way to stay there again. Great Job!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments from your recent conferency stay at our hotel. We are thrilled that you experienced great serivce from our team and also the comfort of our guestrooms. We appreciate the endorsement and we look forward to your next visit to Louisville.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This Marriott is one of the friendliest and most welcoming hotels I have stayed at recently. All service was timely and friendly . The small touches such as decorative towel folding were charming.
I really enjoyed my business stay here and as always it is about the people. The number and quality of the staff at this hotel made an excellent impression on me.

• Stayed January 2013
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recognizing the excellent service you enjoyed during your most recent stay. We love to hear feedback from our guests and as a loyal customer your comments are especially appreciated and we will be sure to share these with our entire team. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Tucson Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference and was very impressed. The conference facilities are great- oodles of stalls in the women's bathrooms! :). The rooms are lovely, clean and updated. The staff of the hotel were all so pleasant. They always greeted you with a smile and were very accommodating. Wish the wi-fi access was more reasonably priced but that's my only complaint.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are excited that you had a great conference experience and also were able to enjoy the recent improvements to the guestrooms. We will be sure to share your comments on your great service with our team at the hotel. Thank you for the taking the time to share your feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Ribich (Timothy),
Kudos to you & your staff! Dan & I were so very impressed w/ the Marriott Louisville Downtown hotel & your very friendly, and professional staff. They truly displayed a spirit of Southern hospitality at its best! As business owners/entrepreneurs, we travel a lot & stay in hotels quite often. Whenever possible, we prefer the Marriott hotels above all others. Let me tell you why...friendly staff, clean & comfortable accommodations & always service w/ a smile!!! Our stay at the Marriott Louisville Downtown hotel was no exception!
From the moment we arrived your staff bent over backwards to assist us w/ our every need. Let me give you just a few examples:
1. Upon Our Arrival Friday 1/4/13, at ~ 4:30pm-The Valet/Doorman unloaded our luggage & promptly sent it to our room.
2. Checkin (Front Desk)-Upon our request, the gentleman at the front desk gladly switched us to a room w/ a King size bed & sent up 2 foam pillows (which we had originally asked for) to our new room as we were getting settled in.
3. Matthew (Front Desk)-went out of his way to provide a box & bubble wrap to safeguard a lovely piece of jewelry I purchased in the gift shop.
4. Kristin (Restaurant Hostess)-opened the restaurant 1/2 hr earlier than scheduled on Saturday to accommodate members from our conference group at dinner time.
5. Dashira (Server/waitress)-provided quick & efficient service w/ the biggest brightest smile ever!
6. Jacob (Valet)-actually ran to CVS Pharmacy for me (Barb) on Saturday night to buy a pair of pantyhose for me. He delivered them to our hotel room in less than 30 minutes. That really amazed me & helped me get to my evening session w/ time to spare!!!
7. Sarah (Room Service)-took our breakfast order over the phone Sunday morning, telling me it would take approximately 25 minutes to arrive. At that, I sighed to myself, and commented softly that I really needed coffee right away. Within 5 minutes Sarah was knocking on our door w/ a handful of cups, coffee packets & creamers. I was so surprised!!! She took my comment seriously & arrived at our room faster than you could blink an eye!
8. Housekeeping-though we opted not to utilize housekeeping services during our stay we observed that they were busily working up 'n down the corridor on our hotel room floor. Still we appreciate the cleanliness of the room when we got there & their willingness to provide the privacy we asked for throughout our stay. They even slipped us a little note stating that although we asked them not to access the room we could still call for anything we might need. This showed us that they weren't just skipping over us, as one less bell to answer, but rather that they really cared.
9. Christina (Front Desk)-as we checked out this AM we were asked about our stay & graciously invited to return. Christina reviewed our bill & gave us great eye-contact & a warm sincere smile. And finally...
10. Timothy Ribich (The Front Office Manager)-seeing that I (Barb) was wearing a hand/wrist wrap, having recently fallen & broken both of my arms, Mr. Ribich insisted on personally rolling my bags out to the front door where my husband was anxiously waiting for me w/ our car. As the Valet waved us off, I smiled 'n knodded goodbye...and thought WOW...we will surely be back.
All-in-all, everyone at the Marriott Louisville Downtown hotel exceeded our expectations!!!! We can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was. Thank You! Thank You, Thank You!!! Blessings to Y'all & Happy Prosperous New Year! Dan & Barb Graf (Yager/Meadows Organization, Winter Conference 2013).

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed January 2013
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you had a great stay and that many on our team exceeded your expectations and delivered a memorable experience for your trip to Louisville. It is our goal with all of our guests and we look forward to sharing your comments with the many staff members highlighted in your comments. Please come back and see us soon.

Euless, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

It's nice, it's quality, but the management seems to be in a cloud. The hotel has less than 10% and it is understaffed, so All the hospitality of a 5 star went out the door. Starbucks, closed, concierge lounge closed. Restaurant, closed...you can't make a good second impression. I changed my reservations and will check out and check in at the Marriott Louisville East! Oh yea, they still have the nerve to hit ya for $26.00 for valet.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and we are disappointed that we did not deliver a great experience for you during your stay over the recent holiday. We closed the concierge lounge and other areas to make improvements during a slower time in the hotel. Our goal was to minimze the impact to our guests during this period but it is obvious that we failed with your stay and for that we aplogize. We look forward to the opportunity to showcase some of these improvements to you on your next stay .Please reach out to me directly so that I can personlize your experience, I can be reached at paul.kiley@marriottlouisville.com.

Paul Kiley

Been to Louisville Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!