“KUDOS!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Louisville Marriott Downtown

Save Saved
You added Louisville Marriott Downtown to your Saves list
Louisville Marriott Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 West Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
“KUDOS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Dear Mr. Ribich (Timothy),
Kudos to you & your staff! Dan & I were so very impressed w/ the Marriott Louisville Downtown hotel & your very friendly, and professional staff. They truly displayed a spirit of Southern hospitality at its best! As business owners/entrepreneurs, we travel a lot & stay in hotels quite often. Whenever possible, we prefer the Marriott hotels above all others. Let me tell you why...friendly staff, clean & comfortable accommodations & always service w/ a smile!!! Our stay at the Marriott Louisville Downtown hotel was no exception!
From the moment we arrived your staff bent over backwards to assist us w/ our every need. Let me give you just a few examples:
1. Upon Our Arrival Friday 1/4/13, at ~ 4:30pm-The Valet/Doorman unloaded our luggage & promptly sent it to our room.
2. Checkin (Front Desk)-Upon our request, the gentleman at the front desk gladly switched us to a room w/ a King size bed & sent up 2 foam pillows (which we had originally asked for) to our new room as we were getting settled in.
3. Matthew (Front Desk)-went out of his way to provide a box & bubble wrap to safeguard a lovely piece of jewelry I purchased in the gift shop.
4. Kristin (Restaurant Hostess)-opened the restaurant 1/2 hr earlier than scheduled on Saturday to accommodate members from our conference group at dinner time.
5. Dashira (Server/waitress)-provided quick & efficient service w/ the biggest brightest smile ever!
6. Jacob (Valet)-actually ran to CVS Pharmacy for me (Barb) on Saturday night to buy a pair of pantyhose for me. He delivered them to our hotel room in less than 30 minutes. That really amazed me & helped me get to my evening session w/ time to spare!!!
7. Sarah (Room Service)-took our breakfast order over the phone Sunday morning, telling me it would take approximately 25 minutes to arrive. At that, I sighed to myself, and commented softly that I really needed coffee right away. Within 5 minutes Sarah was knocking on our door w/ a handful of cups, coffee packets & creamers. I was so surprised!!! She took my comment seriously & arrived at our room faster than you could blink an eye!
8. Housekeeping-though we opted not to utilize housekeeping services during our stay we observed that they were busily working up 'n down the corridor on our hotel room floor. Still we appreciate the cleanliness of the room when we got there & their willingness to provide the privacy we asked for throughout our stay. They even slipped us a little note stating that although we asked them not to access the room we could still call for anything we might need. This showed us that they weren't just skipping over us, as one less bell to answer, but rather that they really cared.
9. Christina (Front Desk)-as we checked out this AM we were asked about our stay & graciously invited to return. Christina reviewed our bill & gave us great eye-contact & a warm sincere smile. And finally...
10. Timothy Ribich (The Front Office Manager)-seeing that I (Barb) was wearing a hand/wrist wrap, having recently fallen & broken both of my arms, Mr. Ribich insisted on personally rolling my bags out to the front door where my husband was anxiously waiting for me w/ our car. As the Valet waved us off, I smiled 'n knodded goodbye...and thought WOW...we will surely be back.
All-in-all, everyone at the Marriott Louisville Downtown hotel exceeded our expectations!!!! We can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was. Thank You! Thank You, Thank You!!! Blessings to Y'all & Happy Prosperous New Year! Dan & Barb Graf (Yager/Meadows Organization, Winter Conference 2013).

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed January 2013
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you had a great stay and that many on our team exceeded your expectations and delivered a memorable experience for your trip to Louisville. It is our goal with all of our guests and we look forward to sharing your comments with the many staff members highlighted in your comments. Please come back and see us soon.

Paul Kiley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Euless, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

It's nice, it's quality, but the management seems to be in a cloud. The hotel has less than 10% and it is understaffed, so All the hospitality of a 5 star went out the door. Starbucks, closed, concierge lounge closed. Restaurant, closed...you can't make a good second impression. I changed my reservations and will check out and check in at the Marriott Louisville East! Oh yea, they still have the nerve to hit ya for $26.00 for valet.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and we are disappointed that we did not deliver a great experience for you during your stay over the recent holiday. We closed the concierge lounge and other areas to make improvements during a slower time in the hotel. Our goal was to minimze the impact to our guests during this period but it is obvious that we failed with your stay and for that we aplogize. We look forward to the opportunity to showcase some of these improvements to you on your next stay .Please reach out to me directly so that I can personlize your experience, I can be reached at paul.kiley@marriottlouisville.com.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I visited the Marriott for a large conference and was highly impressed by their competence to handle the occasion. Other venues display anxiety and have obvious miscues during such an event - but Marriott appeared to handle the event with ease and grace. Most impressive was the front desk. It seemed that anyone within the vicinity of the front desk was greeted kindly and cared for promptly - exceeding expectations. Parking was easy and foot traffic through the "Louisville Link" skywalk system on the second floor was fabulous. My one critique is room size. The normal rooms are a bit smaller and lack features like an extra sink in the room.

Room Tip: The better views are on the north side of the building. Hospitality rooms are great. Normal double...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback from your recent stay with us during your conference. We are glad that you enjoyed the conveniance of the Louie Link pedway system and we will be sure to share your comments on the great service from our front office staff with the team. We look forward to seeing you in the not to distant future.

Hazleton, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked a room for a extra day because at previous confronces the last speaker started at 7 pm on saturday night. At this confronce the last speaker was over @ 5 pm. I went to cancil the last day of my stay, and was told that it was to late to cancil. However General Manager Tim Ribich joined in and made me a very happy customer. Thank you Tim. I will come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us during your last conference. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that TIm was able to make a positive impact on your overall experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Weddings are well done at this hotel. I have attended two this year and both were great. The food was so wonderful. I had steak and it was perfect. The staff was well trained and the service was really outstanding. Parking was easy.

Room Tip: book early!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you had a great stay for both of the conventions you attended recently at the Marriott Downtown. We appreciate the time you took to share your comments and we will be sure to share your enjoyment of your meals with our culinary team. We look forward to seeing you soon at another convention and look forward to showcasing our new rooms renovation to you when we see you again.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was defnitely better than I expected. It appears that it was an older hotel that had been renovated into a Marriott sometime in the last 10 yeaars or so. Rooms are what you expect from a marriott: clean comfortable and well maintained.Pretty decently priced too...I booked through hotels.com for about $150/night for Friday - Sun

What makes this hotel special though, is the lobby area. It had a great cocktail lounge and restaurant. To be honest, the restaurant was probably the best place that we ate during our 3 days in Louisville. And the cocktail bar was without question the nicest bar that we could find in the area. There is also a pretty decent sports bar, which was the perfect spot for me to catch my mountaineer footbal game.

Overall, I would definitley reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling to Louisville

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments on your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you especially enjoyed the restaurant and lounge options in the hotel and we will be sure to share these with our food and beverage team. We are in the process of renovating the guestrooms and will have a brand new rooms product to show off in early January. Please come back and see us soon.

OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were very impressed by the service at this Marriott. The hotel was sold out for the weekend, so we received an email in advance explaining the fact that early check-ins would be problematic that day. Upon arrival, it was evident that all personnel were available to service the large amount of guests. There were plenty of valets to park the cars; we were greeted in the lobby & all front desk clerks were at their stations. Our room was clean and bright. Upon our departure, our car was promptly brought to us and we were thanked for our business. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing some comments regarding your stay with us earlier in the month. We are thrilled that you had a great stay and also pleased that the email we sent out was useful as you planned your weekend schedule. It was a fun filled weekend for the hotel and the city and we are glad that you could participate. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Paul Kiley

Been to Louisville Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!