“Excellent hotel, excellent location, closer to all downtown attractions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Louisville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Marriott Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Marriott Louisville Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   280 West Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #15 of 95 hotels in Louisville
BOWLING GREEN, KY
“Excellent hotel, excellent location, closer to all downtown attractions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel is a excellent hotel and we would highly recommeded it. Three blocks from 4th st live and walking distance to many places....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you had a great stay and were also able to take advantage to many of the leisure activities located within steps to the hotel. We look forward to hosting you once again when your travel plans bring you back to Louisville. Thank you again for sharing your guest experience.

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here for a meeting at the Marriott. I found the staff to be extremely courteous and friendly. The room was nice and well appointed. The meeting rooms were large and convenient. I always find it slightly aggravating that a hotel like this charges for WiFi service in the room and a lesser motel (probably down the street it's complimentary. Other than nice location that is close to many restaurants and not too far from the river.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are excited that you had a great stay and were able to get out and enjoy Downtown Louisville. We will review your commnets at our staff meeting and appreciate you taking the time to share with our team.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott during a conference in May. Although Downtown Louisville had a "Conference and Convention Center" in the same vicinity, the Marriott's conference facility was very appropriate and accommodating for the occasion. The rooms were in good condition and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. Lots of sites and restaurants in walking distance of the hotel. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Arrive early or on time to get the room of choice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great comments on your stay for the conference. We will be sure to share your feeback with the meeting and event delivery teams. We look forward to the opportunity to have you back as our guest in the future.

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

From the start we were treated like we were beneath someone because we were younger and with a bachelorette party. They woke us up twice to tell us we had noise complaints when we were clearly all sleeping at 2am. We were not a wild party. We just wanted a girls night of movies and fun. Then when we went to check out we had a $21 charge because we parked our car ourselves when its only $25 for valet. Then to find out the $21 is per car and only one could get out per room. It's ridiculous that they are charging so much when you are a guest and you pay a lot to be there. When I asked the front desk to explain the charge they just blew me off. Then they ignored me and continued typing when I was making a recommendation on how they should make it clear to their guests when they check in of the parking charge. If I knew before hand I would move my car.

The hotel had a great location and clean rooms but the staff is awful and is not helpful. I kept a calm voice and only wanted an explanation and all got was a back turned on me. I will never choose that marriott again I would rather go to the hyatt which is a shame because i've been a supporter of marriott for years.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay. I aplogize that you did not have an enjoyable stay and that your experience with the front desk staff was less than memorable. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager so that we might improve the guest experience in the future and conduct additional training with our front line associates. While the parking fees are indicated in our reservation menu we will work to make these notes more predominant based upon your feedback. Thank you for your time and comments.

Avon, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My car was hit in the parking garage ath this hotel and the car who hit me was still parked right next to my car when I was getting ready to leave. Security came down and completed a report and told me the report would be emailed to me later that day. The owner of the car that hit me said that valet parked her car. 3 days went by and no report. Called and talked to the general manager over security and he seemed very willing to help and said the accident report would be emailed later that evening. Guess what.. a week and a half later NO REPORT. Called again and spoke with the gentleman from security that filled out the report and he states that he can not give us a copy, the parking garage is owned by another company, his report would do no good, and that we needed to contact this other company. I mean really??? Looks like everyone wants to point fingers at someone else but bottom line... I was staying at the Marriott, security completed the incident report, and from the sounds of it, valet maybe at fault... the Marriott, who is making millions, needs to cover the damages to my car!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you had a disappointing stay and the issue with the damage to your car. I did speak with the parking company manager who had reached out to the owner of the car that had been valet parked next to your vehicle for a portion of the time. That owner indicated that their car had no damage to it, so there is a possiblity that it was a different vehicle that caused the damage as you were in a self parking area. The hotel will cooperate fully with the police department if you have a filed a report with them to produce the document that you will need to file with your insurance company. Please have them reach out to the hotel loss prevention department for any details needed for this report.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed here for business and it was a great location to lots of cool sites and great restaurants. It is walking distance to the theatre district and I went to see a concert last minute. It is also walking distance to a lot of other attractions - Slugger museum, glass factory, 21c Hotel and museum, etc. It's less than a block away from the visitors center so you are sure to find info you need as well as learn quite a bit about KY history. Also, the hotel is walking distance to 4th St Live if that's your thing - restaurants, clubs, etc. While it is not quite my scene, it is a cool spot for entertainment and on one of the nights I was there, there was a live concert set up and it was definitely a lively scene.

The hotel itself is a nice hotel - clean, properly stocked, properly set up everyday. Also, the staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall, a good choice and a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is very expensive. One would think that for the money, guest parking would be included, but it's another $20+/day. Same with internet and breakfast. They charged a different lower rate from my colleague, even though we booked within an hour of each other. So, I asked them if they can match the rate and they agreed. They did not have to but I appreciated them doing it.

Besides the pricing the stay was very comfortable, until the checkout. At the check out, several hotel employees are chatting with each other and pretty much ignoring me. They pay attention, briefly, take the key and ignore me again. Finally, "Do you need something else?" This is the first time ever I actually had to ASK to get the bill.

The bill has half of my stay at one rate and another half at another rate. So, I inquired why they did not lower the rate as they promised. This is where the conversation got rude. The hotel representative told me that they should not have lowered the rate at all, even for half of the stay. She started to make calls, while I had to wait for about 15-20 minutes, worrying about missing my flight. Finally, she said that they will honor their promise, but only tomorrow. When I got the bill via email, it was the same bill. I did not bother following up at this point.

Let me be clear, it's not about money. I just find it unacceptable that However, this place has an attitude problem and very poor and rude customer service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
LvilleDTMarriott, Director of Sales at Marriott Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the challenges with your rate and folio. Please contact me direct at paul.kiley@marriottoulisville.com and I will expediate the correction to your account.

Paul Kiley

Been to Marriott Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!