I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to staying in hotels. I've seen way to many exposes where they shine the black lights around hotel rooms revealing various stains. Because of that, I tend to gravitate to four-star hotels and above. (I know...four-star hotels probably have stains, too.)
So I chose this hotel because of its four-star rating on Expedia and because I trust the Sheraton brand. When my husband and I pulled up, however, it was underwhelming. This Sheraton is an old hotel. It's dingy looking, the carpets are stained, the hallways are tight, and our non-smoking room obviously used to be a smoking room (as indicated by our yellowed ceiling). But here's the thing. It was immaculate. As soon as we got to the room, the phone rang; it was the front desk calling to ask if everything was all right with our room. I've never been to a hotel that went out of its way to do that. There's a great restaurant on site (with room service--we recommend the chocolate mousse). When we pulled up, I fully intended to rate the hotel two starts, maybe three, but at the end of the day, great service and cleanliness trump new and remodeled. It's a comfortable place to spend the night.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Louisville Airport North
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville Airport North Hotel
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville Airport North Hotel Louisville
- Country Inn Louisville
- Louisville Country Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Derby City Delights. Whether you’re here for business, pleasure, or both, the Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport offers a perfect location for exploring the city. Our free airport shuttle will take you to and from Louisville International Airport (SDF), which is about five minutes away. The Kentucky Exposition Center is across the street, and we’re also close to Churchill Downs, the University of Louisville’s sports venues, and downtown’s many attractions.Service with Style. Everything you need or want is here, including a fitness center, pool, spa, business center, and helpful staff to guide you around the hotel and city. Enjoy classic American dishes and drinks at our restaurant and lounge. Our two state-of-the-art function rooms are ready to stage memorable meetings and events.Home away from Home. Our 117 spacious guest rooms are designed to help you relax when you’re on the road. Get a good night’s sleep on a plush Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed. For your convenience, each room features a refrigerator, microwave, and free extras like wireless High Speed Internet Access and bottled water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Starwood, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.