“PGA Championships - met my needs” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 25%!
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Sacramento, United States
“PGA Championships - met my needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Was here for the PGA Championships in Louisville, August 4-10. I booked my stay in October 2013 after HGIs and Homewood Suites closer to the golf course were booked solid. This was a blessing in disguise in that shuttle buses to/from the course departed from nearby Papa John's Cardinal Stadium and Churchill Downs. This is the largest HGI that I have stayed in. It is convenient to the airport. I was able to take several side tours in addition to attending the championships: Kentucky Derby Museum, Muhammad Ali Center, Louisville Slugger Museum, Jim Beam Distillery. I can see why attendees to U of Louisville football games stay here and walk to the stadium, it is w/in one mile away! Breakfast and Dinner were good. The fitness center is better than ones at other HGIs. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jaycee524, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you were able to get to see some of the other attractions in the area. The city is amazing if you are a sports fan and you did get to check out a bourbon distillery. If you are able to come back any time soon, let me know and I can recommend some other cools sites. We have a new distillery on Main Street in Louisville and we will have a couple more distilleries opening up in the downtown area soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

New hotel. Room was nice very clean and hotel staff was helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the near airport, University of Louisville or Churchhill Downs. Overall experience was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are in a great location for several of the area attractions which you mentioned. I would make one correction though; we are not a new hotel, in fact we just celebrated our 11 year anniversary. It is great that you thought it was a new hotel, that tells us how we are doing with the upkeep on the property. We hope to see you again soon.

Louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have stayed at the Hilton (airport) hotel several times & each time it has been a terrific experience:) Rooms are clean. Pool & hot tub well cared for. They have a couple of great sitting areas outside that are perfect for a drink or a read of your favorite book!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you have enjoyed the times here. We hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel was clean, spacious, and utterly boring, which when working alone in another city is just fine. There's not much around this hotel, except the Kentucky national guard, or some such thing and several other hotels. But if you've got a car, the hotel is very close to the highways. I did have a car so I can't comment on the food at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you want convenience to Cinci and a decent price got quality, stay here.

We had a room with two double beds. The door into the bathroom was a bit awkward due to the suez and shape of the bathroom but we learned to open the door wide.

Don't forget to put the do-not-disturb sign out, the maids come to clean early, about 8am.

• Stayed July 2014
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We are Hilton Honors member and we have never stayed at a more friendly location. The staff were amazing and wonderful. Ate at the grill and the food was so good. An exceptional location. Didn't really like the Louisville area but the hotel made up for some of it. Great staff, greeted every morning. Wonderful location. Very close to the conference I was attending at the University.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions over the last 5-6 years, and usually have been extremely pleased with the service, quality of my stay and the value received. On this occasion, I was disappointed.

My reception clerk efficiently checked me into my room and they were able to satisfy my request for an upper floor room which was nice and quiet.

The bed was comfortable as usual, the room and bathroom were both clean and the furnishings were in fine working condition. The linens were good quality and the bathroom personal care items were quality products.

There were a couple of things about the room did not meet my expectations:
1) No matter how long I waited, I was unable to get hot water dispensed from the shower. I could get it to be lukewarm if I set the faucet all the way to the hot setting, but the water never got what I would call "hot". I took 2 showers, one at about 6 PM and one at about 11 AM. I experienced the same issue both times. This did not meet my expectations.
2) The complimentary WIFI access only allowed for one device at a time… one laptop, iPad of iPhone. I found this inconvenient as I had to disconnect one device to use another. For the room rate I paid, I found the value of this service less than expected.

Restaurant (breakfast buffet):
Features included a fresh fruit salad, fresh bananas, oatmeal, milk, fruit juices, coffee, a small selection of breads and bagels (not artisan, but commercial grade grocery) scrambled eggs, very good crisp bacon, link and patty sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, and they also had chefs available to custom prepare eggs to your liking. I was pleased with the quality of the food items - not overwhelmed but my expectations were met. NOT meeting my expectations was the level of service in the dining room.

Upon arrival, I was seated at a table that was just being cleaned as I arrived. I was asked for my beverage choice and I let the server know I wanted orange juice and water. I then helped myself to the buffet. When I returned to the table, it was still bare… no water, no orange juice, no flatware or napkins. This surprised me, so I grabbed a flatware set and napkin from a vacant neighboring table. I finished about half my breakfast before a waitress returned to ask if I needed anything. I again asked for orange juice and a glass of water. The waitress did return a couple of minutes later with my beverages, as well as my bill.

Summary:
PRO: Nice clean room, bed and bath personal care items.
CON: Lack of hot water, complimentary WIFI supports only one device, poor service at breakfast.

Room Tip: High floor room was quiet.