“Perfect for UL activities” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2735 Crittenden Dr, Louisville, KY 40209 (Fairgrounds)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Dayton, Ohio
“Perfect for UL activities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here for the Louisville 10 miler held at Cardinal stadium. It is a very short walk over to the stadium. The hotel is your normal HGI setup with a large entry that has the restaurant and bar plus a pool and small workout room. They also had some small patio space outside. All the staff very friendly, especially the front desk and the waitresses working breakfast. Rooms are your typical HGI arrangement, in a good way. There are a couple restaurants nearby too.Very little noise from the airport or highway. We would certainly stay here again. We have stayed in downtown too but sometimes getting into and out of downtown can be a hassle plus you have to worry about parking while it is free here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

we had booked using hotels.com. Unbeknownst to us when we arrived at the airport location, our reservation was for the other location. Ben honored our rate, called the other location to let them know of the mistake, and made us feel comforted after a very long day of travelling. The location is perfect, minutes away for the university, eateries, and a Kroger, with a great running location. And the workout facility and restaurant inside the hotel are top notch!

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel is why, when I have to make a choice between Courtyard and Garden Inn, I choose Garden Inn. Very pleasant and welcoming staff, from front desk to the restaurant. Rooms are very clean, beds are very comfortable. Fitness area is small but equipment there is well maintained, usually the first area to show signs of poor housekeeping. Not here! Very well maintained. I have stayed here 4 times now in the past three months. Love this place!

Plattsburgh, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was visiting Louisville to attend a friend's wedding and decided to stay close to the airport. I only had a couple of days to be in town so I figured the location of this Garden Inn was perfect.

The hotel is well-maintained and has nice lighting. As a single woman who travels on her own a lot, it's nice to feel safe and comfortable when you arrive at a hotel. I immediately felt at home when I went up to front desk. The staff member was warm and friendly and gave me a lot of helpful tips on how to make the most of my time in Louisville.

The breakfast buffet at this hotel was delightful! Being from Mississippi, I love a good bowl of grits. I was THRILLED to see them on the buffet line! Everything was flavorful and not too salty. I ate so well at breakfast that I didn't even bother going out to lunch! When I did need to go out for dinner, I was pleased that the hotel was close to several dine-in restaurants that were within walking distance.

I felt refreshed after my two nights at this hotel. My room was comfortable and spacious. I tell you, it was a shame that I didn't have a little while longer to spend at this place! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

During a recent trip on business to Louisville, KY I stayed at this hotel. The experience was great, I travel a lot so therefore it’s important to me that there are certain things I expect. This hotel met all of my expectations and then some. The young lady that worked the restaurant was very professional along with the guest services that checked me in. I will stay here again and again, thank you all.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Check-in was fast, and the people were friendly. The room was great. Three towels in the bathroom is perfect, one for me and two for my girlfriend. Genius. Everything was clean, no noticeable smells, etc. Any hotel will have this problem, but a Chromecast can't connect to the wifi network, due to the login process. Luckily, we brought a laptop so we still got Netflix. Tv was good. HDMI + usb worked with the Chromecast, but wifi system isn't Chromecast-friendly. Comfy bed & pillows, clean bathroom & shower. The breakfast system is broken, though. -Buffet style, but you have to get silverware & drinks from the servers. If I get my own food, why can't I get my own fork & orange juice? Kind of weird. -Employees were understaffed for the number of guests, maybe 3 servers to about 20-30 guests. -Good food and pleasant, friendly employees, but the system is a bit awkward. Overall, would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Bradford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stay at Hilton's all over the world and I am usually satisfied with the level of service. I am a club member and will continue to patronize them but I will not stay at this property again. The staff was very friendly and seemed to want to be helpful except for the problem with the heating system. We stayed there from Feb25 to Mar.1. It was very cold in Louisville. The "heating system" would turn onto air conditioning if you left the room for any length of time. It would turn to cold air if you tried to change the temp. settings. We called the front desk FIVE times. They sent someone up once and told us there is a sensor in the room that affects the heating and cooling if you leave the room or stop moving, like when you sleep. (This is a Hilton not a Motel 6, or so you would think).

They could not move us because they were full. One time the desk told me to turn off the unit by getting on my hands and knees and shutting off a switch under the window unit. That worked except then we had no heat.

The staff kept saying they wanted to have 10's in their reports, I guess if the top score was 100 I wouldn't have a problem giving them a ten. They made no real effort to help us with this nor compensate us for this enormous inconvenience.

Unless you can live with out heat or don't mind air conditioning when the outside temperature is 20F I would suggest another hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!