“The best of Louisville!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 25%!
Ranked #19 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Orlando, Florida
“The best of Louisville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least three times, and will stay there as many times as I can when I'm in Louisville! I love that everyone greets you when you enter and leave the hotel! The rooms are clean, there is a microwave, and fridge, a coffee maker( that is not in the bathroom) and even a shower cap at times!

The best thing about this hotel is the staff! I get my dry cleaning on time, not like the Crowne Plaza, where I had to demand they find my dry cleaning! I used to be a die hard Marriott member, but I would stay here, before staying at a Marriott anytime! I also require a top floor, but here, I have stayed on the second floor twice, and never heard a sound! It's close to food, the highway, and the airport!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what floor you're on, as the rooms are very quiet! My only complaint is t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
central, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Everything was well above average. Only exception was the mattresses on the beds. They were awful. Location is perfect to the Livestock Center, Churchhill Downs, Cardinal Stadium. Very convenient and just a few minutes to downtown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is the nicest HGI I ever stayed at. We stayed here as part of a small conference. It has a great location from the airport, the University of Louisville, and downtown. It's about a half mile from the interstate and close to the Kentucky Exposition Center. The lobby area is large and attractive. The friendly staff made us feel welcome.The rooms are spacious and come with a refrigerator and microwave. We stayed here the weekend of the time change and we received a reminder under the door. The staff adjusted our alarm clock and the time on the microwave the next morning.The elevators are fast. The temperature control in the rooms is modern and can easily be adjusted. The business center is better than most hotels. The only drawback to this hotel is that the pool is a little small and directly across from one of the conference rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sprakers, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel was very clean and accomodating and the wait staff in the restaurant was excellent! The staff were very polite and were qiuck to get you anything you asked for. The rooms were clean and comfortable and even though the hotel was very full you did not hear the other guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice property located very close to Churchill Downs, University of Louisville football stadium, fairgrounds and the airport. We were going to Downs After Dark at Churchill Downs with a group of 6. The hotel offered us complimentary shuttle service to and from! There was so much going on in the area and traffic was crazy, so it was very nice to not have to worry about that! The hotel is clean and full service. I must say the hotel staff and everyone we met in Louisville seem to be the nicest in the world!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I recently tried to book a simple business meeting and overnight rooms at this hotel. It looks nice on paper so I thought I would hold a small business planning meeting there. No big deal, 6 overnight rooms and two days of meeting space rental. Not a lot, but when you multiple this by the 12-15 meetings I hold a year, it's pretty good business.

First, I submitted the "meeting and events" request form. 2 days later I got a "request for quote" filled out that I had to re-submit. I also got an email with a password to sign into "hiltonworldwideRFP.com". Wasn't sure what that was for so I deleted.

One day later, I got an email stating "Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport has accepted your request for proposal. The details are now available for review at some Hilton website. Hurray for me that my request for quote was ‘accepted’..... REALLY?

So I clicked the link and then realized what the password was for. So I got it back from my trash and entered it. Up popped the response to my RFP. It was a two page document that made no sense and did not give correct details. Additionally there was NO NAME OF A CONTACT PERSON. Seriously. Someone from sales couldn't at least AUTO populate that field?

So long story, shorter - NOT A SINGLE HUMAN BEING CONTACTED ME ABOUT THIS MEETING. So I gave Hilton yet another chance and submitted my story onto the Hilton feedback form. Two days later I got a response back that thanked me for submitting, apologized for the situation and that it had been forwarded to the web development team.

REALLY? I guess business travel and meetings are plenty and they don't NEED business.

Again, this is just one experience - maybe this hotel DOES care... But Maybe NOT.

Room Tip: Call the Marriott down the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bud V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Shawn: I want to sincerly apologize for the difficulty you had booking your rooms and meeting on line. I also want to thank you as we do appreciate your business. Hilton has had this online booking tool set up for several years and truthfully it does work pretty seamlessly. We established it for those users that want to get on line book a block of rooms and or meeting space and be done with it. Just like we all book airline reservations today. Or online booking typically represents a discount off our normal pricing for both sleeping rooms and meeting space becaue it is not designed to have the hotels sale staff get involved. We do have several guests that use this and agin it typically works very well for everyone.
Again, I sincerly apologize that you had difficulites with the system.

Sincerly,

Bud Vivion
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Dan Kaster is one of the best front desk managers I have ever encountered and he is the main reason I went with an excellent rating vice a very good. The hotel has plenty of parking and stays very busy - it has eight floors which is huge for an HGI. There are two elevators and they move quickly and always seemed to be available when needed. The lobby has a lovely coffee service throughout the day. In the evening they added a special Christmas blend (my stay was early Nov) and some snack cakes with oat and raspberry. I have seen the snack cakes at other HGIs but I have never seen a seasonal coffee made available. The lobby was large and comfortable with plenty of seating. The rooms were standard HGI rooms which always include a refrigerator and microwave in a small "mini bar" area. The bed was comfortable and I had no problem setting the room temperature to my liking. Breakfast was good (available for a reasonable fee) and the service was decent. They had a large, extensive buffet and made to order eggs. I had a suggestion for a small improvement to the coffee station that Dan responded to and his approach was unbelievably professional and pleasant. About a week after I checked out, I received a follow-up email regarding my suggestion from Dan. I have never had this type of follow-up and I have stayed in thousands of hotel rooms. I can highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!