“Clean rooms, reliable staff and access to Louisville's finest food and entertainment.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport

Book Early and Save 25%!
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Paducah, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last few months. I had a special need and asked for it in advance on the phone when making my reservations. When we arrived at the hotel, the desk clerk told me it was taken care of and it made for a very pleasant stay!
Our room was clean, the bedspread was fresh and clean, the bathroom was very clean. We spent the whole evening in our room because we had an early morning appointment so we definitely had time to notice.
We haven't eaten in the small restaurant in the hotel and they do not offer a free breakfast. It is directly behind the Cardinal Hall of Fame Cafe and we always walk across the parking lot to eat their fall off the bone ribs. We've never had anything bad in the Hall of Fame Cafe.
The football stadium is across the street, the fairgrounds are behind the hotel and the airport is nearby. If you have business or medical appointments downtown, this hotel is a good local and a good value. We'll stay again because of the helpful staff, the cleanliness of the room and the great location.

Room Tip: We have not been bothered by people in other rooms or in the hallway. Many times I use earplugs to s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel has the potential of being a spectacular property. Unfortunately there is a slight disregard for details; especially when it relates to cleanliness. There was a white splash on the side of my nightstand (male DNA????). Gross I know. They should vacuum the hallways to remove small scraps of paper from the floors. The restaurant staff is very nice.

• Stayed January 2013
EMBASSYGMLOU, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest;
As the new general manager of this really great hotel I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies for the unfortunate lack of cleanliness in your room. This is completely unacceptable and needs my attention. If by chance you read this I truly hope you will contact me so that I can find out what room you stayed in so that I may do some one on one coaching with our team. Again my sincerest apologies. Bud Vivion GM
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Positive: I can't say enough great things about every member of the staff: front desk, restaurant, housekeeping. They are friendly, professional, thoughtful, and good at their jobs. Probably one of the best teams I have had the pleasure of meeting. They go out of their way to make your stay pleasant.
Neutral: Being so close to the airport there is some noise from frequent landings at night.
Negative: None.

The rooms and food are about the same as any good Hilton Garden Inn, but the staff is exceptional.

Room Tip: If you are an aviation enthusiast like me, you'll appreciate the view from a room facing the par...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wexford, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Terrific staff, but poor housekeeping. My room was terrible, and others in the group mentioned the same issues. Dirty carpets, filthy, broken coffee pot, broken iron, etc... I definitely would't stay here again or recommend it to others. And yes, I am a FREQUENT HGI customer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
To our valued guests;
My sincerest apologies for evidently what was less than an outstanding stay with us. I am the new General Manager and while I certainly do not like to hear comments like this, it does point me in the direction of where I need to focus some attention. Again my sincerest apologies and I do hope you will try us again on your visit to Louisville as I would enjoy meeting you.
Sincerely, Bud Vivion GM
Palm Harbor, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Service was over the top (possibly too many calls to my room wanting to know if I was happy, but I wont complain...).
Rooms were very clean and kitchen staff was first rate.
Pillows were acceptable and the climate controls were spot on. I will be happy to stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a great hotel, with a fantastic staff. Outstanding experience, have already made future reservations! I highly recommend using the meeting rooms, and the restaurant staff is friendly and accommodating. I am recommending this hotel to other business associates.

Room Tip: Suites are really nice!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The restaurant server, Jany, provided THE BEST SERVICE I've ever received during my business travels. Friendly and efficient, Jany remembers you and your preferred beverage and has it to your table before you return from the buffet. She even prepares you a beverage to go and has your receipt prepared so you can get quickly in and out and on your way. The hotel accommodations are excellent as well, but it's Jany's pleasant service that ensures I will return to THIS Hilton Garden Inn on every future visit. See you next month!! :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!