“Wonderful Property With Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Property With Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

On a business trip, had a chance to stay at this hotel because it was close to a client. It was clean, well decorated, fresh appearance, and had customer friendly staff. The manager's happy hour was excellent and Nick (bartender) was friendly and engaging Breakfast was also excellent, although I could have done with a little less butter/oil on my scrambled eggs. The only negative was experienced by another person in my party who tried to use the gym. He reported a treadmill out of order and the TV not operating on the one treadmill in service. This hotel is located east of downtown but near some very nice restaurants. About a 20 minute drive to the airport.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent as you are away from any major road or noise source.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Friendly hotel staff from the start. They accommodated my request to be as far away from families and elevator as possible. They also provided a great list of restaurants to try.

I had a business meeting in my room the first day, and the cleaning lady was very accommodating in working around my schedule.

Very clean and would recommend to anyone looking for a place to say in Louisville. Just a bit of a drive to downtown area.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and not near families.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family stayed in a room with two double beds and a roll-away. Service was great, the breakfast was above average, loved the little zen garden-y decor in the restaurant. It was a quick drive into the city from there, worth the much lower prices than the hotels we looked at in the city. Very clean, staff superb.

Room Tip: I was a little concerned about the rooms because they surround the bar and restaurant area and I tho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Embassy Suites Louisville is a really nice property just off of popular Hurstbourne Ave. The hotel itself is situated in an office park and is within a few minutes of any kind of restaurant/shopping options you might like. You cannot walk to any of these, however. The reception and spacious lobby are extremely clean and inviting. There was apparently a farm-machinery show in town, so the free cocktail hour was overrun with young men on a quest for free beer and pretzels. This was more entertaining to watch than annoying. The guys next door to our friend' s room were observed carrying in a full keg at about 5:00PM. Surprisingly, they weren't disturbed by noise. The walls must be well-built. Impressive! Our room was super clean, but it was obvious that someone had been smoking in the bathroom. There is no vent fan, so the smoker must have been in for a surprise once they lit up. Oops. It wasn't bad enough to complain about. I have to mention how incredibly comfortable the bed was. We travel a LOT and this was in the top 3 for mattress comfort. I would definitely return to this property. In fact, I've already booked a room for another trip to Louisville in the next month or so. Recommend!

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for a long weekend in January. The hotel was much nicer than we anticipated for a 3 star. The room was very nice and spacious with a living room/sitting area and a bedroom

2 TVs meant no disagreement on what to watch

The mini fridge was great for our dinner leftovers, drinks and snacks

We got free happy hour drinks both nights. Generic rail but not bad and the bartenders were very pleasant and quick The appetizer buffet was chips and salsa one night and some buffalo chicken dip the other so nothing special. The breakfast buffet was actually extensive with omelet stations, so above expectations

The treadmills have their own television screens so newer than my regular gym and I used the free weights as well, it was small but still much better than most hotel gyms with small towels and a water cooler

The only disadvantage was the location was in an office park and it was a 20 minute drive downtown.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I generally travel for business at least once per month. I have stayed in many hotels and have always received good service at the Embassy Suites. However this trip to Louisville was for a different type of trip, one that could have been very unpleasant. The staff at the Embassy Suites Louisville went above and beyond to insure that everything in their control was done with grace and excellence. Generally I want to be left alone—but this trip I needed to know where to get comfort food and help with some large items. Joe and Daniel M. at the front desk met our every need with a smile and graciousness that was unexpected. I truly appreciate the level of service these two gentlemen provided throughout our entire stay. They showed a differentiating level of service ---one that should be acknowledged and rewarded. Thank you Joe and Daniel—Thank you!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stay in Louisville consistently EVERY week for business. I am extremely loyal to the Hilton brand, and am a Diamond member. I can tell you, I will NEVER stay in this Embassy Suites again. Each time I've booked the hotel and specifically requested a non-smoking room, they put me into a room that someone has clearly smoked in. In addition, the last time I booked this hotel (last night) I checked into a room that someone has smoked in (again), the person working the front desk didn't apologize, their response was "We're completely booked so, I guess I could try to switch your room with someone else's..."\
My response was: no thanks, I'll just stay somewhere else. (No response from the staff)

Try the Hilton Garden Inn (Louisville Northeast) or the Hilton Homewood Suites. Both hotels are newer, nicer and less expensive (and non-smoking!)

Room Tip: Try the Hilton Garden Inn (Louisville Northeast) or the Hilton Homewood Suites. Both hotels are new...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Verl W, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Louisville, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
My apologies for the inconvenience you encountered upon checking into the Embassy Suites. Unfortunately, from time to time we do have guests that smoke in our non-smoking suites. The problem is usually rectified before the next guest checks in. That this has happened to you twice here at the Embassy Suites/ Louisville is extremely rare, indeed.

The staff here is held to very high cleanliness and customer service standards. They not only meet these standards most of the time, they exceed them. I can be reached at 502/ 426-9191 if you would like to give me a call to discuss further. I would like to offer you some type of compensation for the inconvenience you encountered.

Verl Wilder

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Louisville? Share your experiences!