“What a great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Trenton, Ohio
“What a great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend for one night. The room was fantastic - we had a king suite, and the hotel provided a pack 'n play for our toddler. Loved the manager's reception - the bartender was pleasant and whipped up a really good red Sangria! My husband was thrilled with breakfast - cooked to order omelets, bacon, sausage, and a buffet with pancakes, french toast, potatoes, gravy, biscuits and grits.

We also ordered room service for dinner on Saturday night - the food was just ok, but Martha, the woman who delivered it, was a treat! You can tell she really does love her job, so pleasant and outgoing - not an every day occurence in the customer service industry!

The hotel is tucked away in the middle of some office buildings. It's a quiet location, which is what we were looking for since we were traveling with a 2-year-old. Also close to two malls, the Oxmoor Center and Mall St. Mathews. We loved this hotel, and it will definitely be our go-to hotel for future trips to Louisville.

Room Tip: We were in room 226 - we had no issues with outside noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Tappan, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The price for this hotel was a little high but worth it. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was really nice. The bar tender, I think his name was Nick, was very friendly. Everyone at the front desk was friendly. The pool area was relaxing. The lobby area is quite nice.

I see why this is one of the top rated hotels in the Louisville area and why it is the number one Embassy Suites.

We stayed from Monday to Friday. It seemed to be mostly business travelers at the beginning of the week and then a few non-business travelers by the end of the week.

I wish I knew there was a guest laundry which I found out as I was getting ice to keep my bourbon balls cold for our trip home.

Room Tip: Even though our room, 204, was located near the elevator, it was not an issue because the living roo...
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business starting September 24th. Originally was told that room on the first night was not available, but after a direct call to the hotel they found one, so was happy to get anything. The room I ended up with is 209 which was next to stairs that ended you to the outside, so not ones people took. As I made the reservations less than two weeks out beggars cannot be choosey. The room was for the disabled and so a lot of minor oddities, like closet height was very low for hanging the clothes. The only thing that did not work well was the zero entry shower, which basically got a lot of the bathroom floor wet.

For internet it was surprisingly fast and free. They have both wi-fi and regular LAN connection in the room, which I just used the wi-fi. Other colleagues of mine said the wi-fi was slow in their room, so guess the speed is hit or miss.

The complimentary breakfast was great. Just stand in a short line and let the cooks know what you want. They also had buffet for some items.

The complimentary manager’s reception had chips with cheese sauce one night and pretzels (big bread type cut up) on the other night. Also some raw vegetables. Two types of tap beer, Bud Light and Killian’s Irish red. It was nice to see at least one good beer (Killian’s) available. The free beer was from 5:30 to 7:30 PM each night. I am sure other drinks were also free, but we stuck to beer.

When we arrived at 2:30 PM we were able to get our rooms right away. The flight over did not offer us much food and the hotel stopped serving food by that time. Luckily just a walk the street had a sandwich place that satisfied our needs. Hotel staff was very good and directing us and giving shortcuts as we were on foot.

The only other real issue I had was the elevators did get a bit backed up in the morning, so had to wait a few minutes. I have experienced much worse at other hotels, so just something inconvenience. I would have taken the stairs, but as the ones next to my room left you outside it was not an easy option. I am sure other stairs existed, but it was not obvious to me.

I did score some big points with the wife. The shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, etc. was of a high end name. In fact it did not say Embassy Suites on the stuff at all. It is not a name I recognized, but when I brought it home as token gift for the wife she was very happy with the items. She said this is the same brand we got some relatives as gifts last Christmas.

Overall the place is great and would highly recommend to anyone needing to be in that part of town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The staff, without exception, was the best of any hotel I have ever experienced. The front desk seemed to be able to answer any question about Louisville we put to them. The room was exceptionally clean and well cared for. The full service cook to order breakfast was well presented and delicious. Martha is a lovely lady and deserves special mention for her service to us. Thanks, Martha!!

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very clean hotel and room, even where hotels usually miss. Good food. Friendly staff. And Martha, well, she is the best! She greeted us and invited us to sit in her section. She was very personable from the start. I told her I did not like their tea. I like unsweet tea. Sweet and unsweet I did not care for. She went back and brewed me my own REAL unsweet pitcher of tea! It was delicious! She let me take the rest of it to the room. Wow! She really did go out of her way to make us feel at home and welcomed. While taking care of us she was very busy with many other guests around us and even ran room service up to a room. If she is not employee of the month, some one just flat missed the boat! Other guests we talked to said they have been here before and always come back, as they always have a great experience at this hotel. Thanks!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My family and myself always enjoy staying at Embassy Suits every since our first stay in 2000 The service is always great. We enjoy the comfort of the nice beds and spacious rooms and the breakfast. We also enjoyed the service of Ms.Martha in the dinning area she was very friendly and took care of my family making sure we had what we needed.

• Stayed September 2012
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Not only was the staff accommodating when we arrived 2 hours late at 12:15am (we brought 130 high school kids and 40 adults), the rooms clean, the hotel immaculate and tastefully decorated, but the chefs (Marim, Elman, Geno & Tree) were amazing. Everyone was helpful and pleasant to deal with, but these gentlemen cooked up eggs and omelets both mornings for our large group with a smile and a kind word for everyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business