“Great stay with the grandkids/ clean room and pleasant staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Newark, Ohio
“Great stay with the grandkids/ clean room and pleasant staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I ( mid 50's ) usually have our 8 and 10 yr old grandkids in tow for short trips. We did the Mammoth cave adventure with them and because the local hotels didn't have the greatest reviews I reserved a room in Louisville ( or Lou-a-vul if your local) at The Embassy Suites. We were all hungry and exhausted. The facility appeared new and well attended. Staff was very friendly and helpful - I know that's their job but if their hearts weren't in it the acting was superb. Room service was prompt and better quality than I expected - I recommend the quesadilla's - and everyone with which we came into contact ending the encounter with an earnest "Is there anything else I can help you with. We have stayed at three different Embassy Suites the past six months and this one is the best so far.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here in July while traveling as a solo mom with her three kids. Wanted somewhere that felt secure and quiet. It's a bit off the beaten path from the high way ( we were driving from Atlanta to Chicago), but was great.

Clean pool, manager's open house so free glass of wine for me and chips and sodas for the kids. Very good staff. Great breakfast with cooked to order omelettes, fresh fruit, etc.

Cost a bit more than I usual spend on road trip hotels, but worth every penny.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I agree with all the glowing reviews - rooms spotless, wonderful breakfast, etc. However, I have one minor bone to pick. My wife and I were looking forward to the manager's reception after a long day of sightseeing with the youngsters. I ordered a Manhattan on the rocks. Just one problem: the bartender said he was "new to this bartending thing" and asked me how to make it. That's right. He didn't know how to make a Manhattan. Finally, he looked it up on his smartphone app and then proceeded to carelessly pour random quantities of bourbon ("Early Times" - bleh) and vermouth into a glass. I took one sip and regretted it instantly. Oh well. No Manhattan for me tonight. If I were the manager, I'd be embarrassed to have my name on this event.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

The entire staff was great. We had a minor leak in our room that awoke us in the early morning hours by dripping in our bed. By the time we returned that afternoon, the staff had moved us into another room and replaced everything exactly as it had been in the old room. They also left us a gift basket for our inconvenience. The made to order breakfast and managers reception were delicious. The cooks/ servers/ bartenders were pleasant and courteous. Every thing was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The fitness center was clean and had good equipment. It was home away from home. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

From check-in to check-out this place was fantastic. The service was friendly all the time. The food was great and the whole stay here was awesome for us. We'll be back!

kansas city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011 via mobile

I am super hotel picky. The staff was friendly and our stay started with free reception of cocktails and lite bites. Awwww...after a long day on the road. The free breakfast had a huge made to order selection with real dishes, no plastic ware. Definitely would stay again. Great for kids and comfortable beds. More than nice and way better than expected.

• Stayed July 2011
Manheim, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We have stayed at this location previously and have ben very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff as well as the cleanliness of the facility. The breakfast is great and the pool is perfect for our family.

On this particular trip, my son became ill in one of the public areas and the staff swooped in to assist me, even going as far as staying with my kids while I got some things from up in my room for my son and walking me back up to my room carrying breakfast for my daughter and I while I made sure my kids made it up safely. Thank you James for the help and Diana for the cleanup! You guys were great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Louisville? Share your experiences!