“Convenient For Business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Tucson, Arizona
“Convenient For Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Had to go to Louisville for business and really wanted to stay at Marriott Downtown but their rate was over per diem. So I was able to get into the Courtyard by the airport and it turned out to be a nice place to stay. The rooms seemed a little dated but the bed and linens were the usual Marriott comfy. The hotel has a nice little bar, a nice workout area and an indoor pool. Starbucks coffee was available, for free, all day and the staff was really good. They had a buffet breakfast in the morning that was over priced for what you got but not a big deal. Overall a great value and good location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for staying and for sharing your feedback! While we are not located downtown, I think location is a great amenity of the hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you back again soon!

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Largo, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a newer property and its location is perfect, Its real close to both the fairgrounds and the airport, this does mean its not real close to an restaurants however their are alot of options within a short drive. The lobby area was well kept and the front desk staff was attentive. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. The "walls were a little thin" but not horrible and you can hear the noise of the airport but again it wasnt as bad as some of the other reviews made it out to be. I am a rather frequent traveler so i would say i either got lucky or my expectations are in line and other maybe were not.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are glad that you chose the Courtyard Louisville Airport. Our location is a great amenity of our hotel being so close to the airport, KEC, Churchill Downs, and the interstate. We are glad that your stay lived up to your expectations and we hope to see you back again in the future!
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Recently I stayed at the Courtyard due to my house being renovated and it was the worst. I was told that I would "just have to deal with" the noise that all of the truckers were causing because they were majority of the hotel. Of course I was not pleased so I decided to pack up and head to the Springhill where the staff was much nicer and accommodate.

• Stayed March 2014
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about the noise issue experienced during your recent stay. While we cannot always fully control the noise level from a large group, we can definitely handle this scenario in a different manner. Please know that your feedback will be shared with our team so that we may improve and ensure this situation does not repeat. I am sorry that you felt compelled to switch hotels. My hope is that you may give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations when looking for a place to stay in the future. I would be glad to have you contact me directly to set things up.
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Okay, when people ask me where I'm from I tell them the Marriott hotel. This is my first review but not my last. When I walked into the hotel lobby I felt like I just walked into a greasy dinner. Someone burnt the cooking oil and it stinks.
I booked the hotel close to the airport confident it would be quiet. Most modern hotels block out the sounds from the airport. Well what a mistake. Not only is it loud the UPS flights have been leaving all night long what a mistake.
The room is clean however the sink and the bathtub do not drain. The walls are so thin you can hear water running all the time not to mention your neighbors television.
Next time I'm checking the trip advisor for reviews.

Room Tip: Not sure if this will help but ask to stay away from the airport side. The windows do not block out...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide each guest with an experience that exceeds expectations in every way. I will certainly use this feedback to follow up with our Bistro team. Also, we understand that occasional noise does result from our convenient airport location. I hope that all other aspects of your stay were great and hope that you may give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
Franklin, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you enjoy hearing the adjoining room's conversations until the wee hours of the morning...stay here!
If you love the sound of UPS jets taking off through the night, stay here!
If you are a rewards client and love being put in a room across from elevator and ice machine, stay here!
If you think that a $12 salad and $3 bottle of water are bargains, stay here!
If a clogged shower drain is how you wish to start your day, stay here!
$171 will get you all of these amenities plus a night of interrupted sleep.

• Stayed February 2014
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm so sorry about the distractions that kept you from an enjoyable stay that exceeded your expectations. The noise and pricing are items that our team will discuss to find the best way to exceed expectations for all guests. I have also ensured that engineering has corrected the issue in the guestroom. While this may not have been the best stay, we hope that you would return so that we may show you the experience that the Courtyard by Marriott is truly capable of.
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My pleasant stay here actually started before I arrived, while speaking to Michael Glass, General manager. I called to verify my stay because the company booked my trip and I needed to add an additional day, but that one needed to be at my cost. He was very helpful in making that work out and left a note in my file for the day I arrived. He also told me when I arrived at the airport I could call the hotel and they would send a shuttle right away. He was not kidding. I arrived to the freezing weather and I don't think I stood outside waiting more than 4 minutes, literally! It was fantastic.
When I arrived, the young man who checked me in (Evan) was aware of the situation and made sure to put me in a room where I would not have to physically check out and move once the reservation changed to the company. He was very polite and made sure I had everything I needed. I had plans to go to the Louisville Slugger Museum the next day and he suggested a cab.
The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. There was free high speed internet which is always a great bonus. It worked well, which doesn't always happen.
When I came down the next morning to go to the museum, Nicole, at the front desk offered to call me a cab. She then wrote down the number to two cabs for my return trip. She was so friendly and made sure I had what I needed. Each time I saw her after that she always said hello and asked how I was doing.
From that point on I was there for business so I was out most of the day. The front desk provided the shuttle to take us to the restaurant at the Crowne Plaza when it was bitter cold outside. We were a large group so that was very nice.
My only complaints (and they really couldn't be helped) is that there is no restaurant per say. There was a bistro where sandwiches and soup could be gotten, but no real restaurant. I tried the bistro one night but wasn't really impressed with it. My other complaint was that the price I paid for the one night that wasn't business was a little high for just the room. I was not given the price I paid for the business nights, which I think could have been done.
In any event, a very pleasant hotel with super friendly staff. Kudos to you and your staff, Mr. Glass!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments. We were happy to have you staying with us and hope to see you back again on a return trip to Louisville!
Peoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night after being diverted to Louisville during the recent winter storm. I chose this location solely based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, so here's mine to add to the collection. This hotel proved to be a very good choice. It is located literally one minute from the airport. Yes, there is a small amount of airplane noise but not too bad. The staff is incredibly friendly and the hotel is spotless. Access to drinks and breakfast for an additional cost. There are not any walk-able restaurants nearby, but the staff will shuttle you, no problem. If you are looking for a pleasant stay for a few days, this hotel hits the mark.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are happy that you chose to stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share. We hope that your next trip to Louisville will be intentional and that you will come back and see us!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!