“Congratulations on your State Fair win!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dish on Market

Dish on Market
434 West Market Street, Louisville, KY (Central Business District)
502-315-0669
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish on Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 1,505 restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Fifth and Market
“Congratulations on your State Fair win!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Congratulations Marshall Grissom, for your first place win at the Kentucky State Fair for the "cast iron chef" event representing Dish on Market. I haven't had the prize winning Gyro yet, but if its anything like the other items I've had on your menu you, it's got to be good. We will be in your area in October to dine at Dish, save us a stool!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

68% Recommend
east coast of florida
“BEST fried chicken ever, says a girl raised in the South who KNOWS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

oh lawdy i'm bout to pop, had to eat every bite. i might sit here and wait til i'm hongry again just to have more. lots of great menu items, but this one wins the blue ribbon - fried cod and reuben eggrolls are runners up. dadblame delicious!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food and reduce portion sizes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've come for breakfast, lunch and dinner on different days and have noticed that the food is consistently great tasting and also well-presented.

The omelette that I had for breakfast came quickly after I ordered was tasty and good. The first time I was there it came with cheesy grits. And when I remarked that it was too much for me, my server told me that if I came again, they could make me a smaller portion.

And I did! On another day, I came back to have the fish tacos. It was excellent - crispy and flavourful.

Of course, I had to come back for dinner at the place that Louisville voted as the best burger in town. I had the Market burger and my friend had a different one - I forget which. The portions were large! The plate seemed to overflow with hand cut fries. The medium well beef patty had been done to perfection and so, I had to eat this burger without the buns to finish but it was so so good. I'd go back there again for the burgers!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, Kentucky
“Chef put breakfast together from open buffet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I were downtown and decided to try "Dish on Market". We arrived about 1PM and were immediately seated. When we sat, we noticed that there was a brunch buffet available, but it looked like it had been out awhile, so we passed and decided to order breakfast (served till 2) from the menu fresh. About 5 minutes after we ordered, we noticed kitchen staff appearing from the back. They each made their way to the buffet and started to take items from it like potatoes, biscuits and sausage patties that had when out for what appeared a long time. They placed the items on the plates and when back to the kitchen. A total of 5 minutes later ouer dishes arrived with guess what, items assembled from the buffet. If I wanted the buffet I would have paid for it. Instead I got old potatoes, sausage that like was shoe leather and a biscuit so hard you could pound a nail into the wall with it. All they attempted to prepare was the over easy eggs we ordered. What a disappointment. Save the money and go the Big Boy if you want breakfast. At least there, the breakfast you order from the back is fresh. What a total rip off "Dish on Market" was. I guess laziness has taken hold.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Anderson G, Owner at Dish on Market, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Please accept my deepest apologies for your experience dining with us. I was in shock when I read your review and have invested several hours tracing the error to a cook who shouldn’t have been there. That is my fault for not paying close enough attention at the time. The employee in question was a new hire and was subsequently let go.

We pride ourselves on consistently offering excellent food from scratch with genuine service. Most of our chef’s have been with us for a long time and have tremendous care for what they do. This was not reflected in your experience and we would like to make it up to you in the future.

My brother and I were raised in the Highlands and were raised to be big foodies and thus would, as you did, balk at the idea of being served buffet food when you clearly ordered off the menu. I know I would want my money back for that meal, so I would like to refund your entire check as well as some extra money to spend on the next time you go out to eat, Dish or no Dish. We know how hectic life can be and we all can't eat out as much as we did when we were younger and/or pre-children/family so I would say you wasted an eat-out opportunity by being served what you were served at Dish that day. Contact myself or my brother about allowing us to refund your meal and giving you some extra cash for your "re-do" meal. I will understand if you don't use that money at Dish, or ever come back in. But it's in our right conscience mind that this is what needs to be done.

Anderson & Marshall Grissom
502-759-5054 cell, 502-424-5819
anderson@dishonmarket.com, marshall@dishonmarket.com
Indianapolis, Indiana
“good food and great if you have a kid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

we liked the food and our waiter. The food was good and had some interesting dishes. It was loud enough that bringing an infant and a 9 year old didnt distract other diners.

Visited July 2013