“Terrible!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Suites of Louisville

Save Saved
You added Sun Suites of Louisville to your Saves list
Sun Suites of Louisville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4540 Taylorsville Road, Louisville, KY 40220 (Formerly Suburban Lodge Of Jeffersontown) (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #81 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Chicago, IL
“Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

I should have read the reviews first before staying there. One reviewer said the room was dark and dingy, which was exactly my thoughts when I walked into the room. The door and small window both opened to the outside corridor where people would pass by or loiter to smoke or talk on their cell phone. Because of this, the curtains must be kept closed all the time for privacy which was suffocating. In addition, the supposedly non-smoking room reeked heavily of smoke, I could hardly breathed. The pillows had only one layer of cover and smelled bad. I saw a car with a flat tire in the parking lot that obviously had sat there for awhile and I began to wonder what kind of clientele this place is getting. Bottomline: if you can spend a little more money, choose another hotel.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

11 people have reviewed this hotel

louisville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

Had my mother-in-law stay again. What has happened to this place? She was not happy with her stay. Said room smelled of smoke and when she called to complain there was no answer at the front desk. Rates were higher and didn't get same type room as before. This room only had a queen bed and the room was to small. Paid less last time and got room with couch as well as the queen bed. Hotel looked empty not like last time when parking lot was full. She had never seen the people working there now. Will try something else nest time.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Look elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Louisville,Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2005

Rooms at this place were small but clean, staff was extra nice. Had to put my mother-in-law up there when she came into town. She had car trouble while there and one of the staff helped her get where she was going and than even arranged to have someone look at her car. She needed directions to some out of the way places to shop, they help took the time to even give her maps to the locations. She already has made reservations for her next stay. For the price this is great for her, and any other guests.

• Stayed June 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2005

I have stayed at this property several times. A few years back it was actually pretty nice and an excellent value. You know from the beginning that this is a limited service hotel and basically what you should expect is a clean and safe enviroment. Stuff like daily house cleaning, daily changing of towels etc is for more expensive properties. The past two times I stayed here I was awaken in the middle of the night by people arguing. This past December the folks in room 341 had an all out argument. This was from 2 in the morning until at least 5 in the morning. When I felt safe enough to leave my room, there was blood and vomit all over the place. From the sounds going on in the room, the place had to have been destroyed. I was suppose to stay for another week. I checked out and will never return. From the sound of the argument, it actually sounded like room 341 was either being used for drug dealing or prostitution. I would have felt safer at a hotel in the seedy district of town!

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business
Peoria, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2004

I "bid" for this on hotwire and got a rate of like 29.00. I was terrified to find out what hotel we were to stay at because of the bad reviews. I immediately arranged for a different hotel and offerred the room to a friend who was less picky and a smoker. We went to check him in and see the room. It was actually pretty nice in comparison to the reviews. It had a kitchenette and a small fridge/microwave. It was newer than the hotel we stayed at and did not reak of smoke (unlike were we stayed). It does have outside doors. It is well lit and didn't seem like a bad neighborhood. It does not have many amenities, but who really uses an exersize room?

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2003

Do yourself a favor...find another hotel. The "room" was tiny and, even after a half a can of lysol sprayed all over the room, reeked of smoke.
I awoke (after the brief time I was able to actually sleep!) literally feeling dirty. The description given for the hotel is nowhere close...oh, yeah, there IS a microwave. The room was dingy and dark and the bed was like a hammock which, among other reasons, kept us from resting. The other problem came from the man walking up and down the walkway yelling at no one in particular at 4 AM. We reserved for two nights, but after that first night we determined we could not stay another night. Unfortunately, when I went to the front desk, they informed me that they do not offer refunds. I understand why since they certainly get no return business and need to make all they can any way they can get it. We took the loss and went to the Ramada Zorn for $10 more a night and had a wonderful experience. If you're wise, you'll learn from my mistake!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2003

We had to stay in an extended stay environment while we moved, and stayed at this hotel. Since this hotel is a VERY limited-service hotel, the desk was only open during the day, so nobody was there when we stopped by to pick up a key to the room we had reserved--it was locked in a box in front waiting for us. My husband is disabled so we needed an accessible room. The room was so small that he couldn't get to the corner where the phone was at, so whenever I was gone I had to drag the phone somewhere for him to be able to get to it. The bathroom was maybe a bit bigger than a "normal" bathroom in this place, but in his wheelchair he still had trouble manuvering, and the tub was so small/narrow he couldn't use his bath chair to take a shower. The office people would pitch a fit when my husband's service dog would let out one playful "woof" when my husband would play tugga-war with him, but--as I worked nights--if I asked the maintenance people to hold down their shouting as they stood outside our window in the middle of the day, and the office person overheard, they would say "Oh, now they're not being that loud!" (As if they would want to hear all that shouting outside THEIR window in the middle of THEIR night-time snooze!)

Been to Sun Suites of Louisville? Share your experiences!