“red roof is on fire!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 95 hotels in Louisville
new york,ny
“red roof is on fire!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I recently stayed at the red roof inn in louisville this past January 2014 for a convention. It was my first time in Kentucky and my first stay with red roof. Considering the price and the proximity to the convention center, I was definitely pleased with our choice! The accommodations were modern, crisp and fresh. The room was inviting and roomy! We immediately felt at home upon entering. We slept well during our stay. While the staff wasn't 4 star, they were available when we needed them and they were able to check us in and out in a timely manner. Overall, an excellent stay for the price.. I would definitely recommend this hotel as well as red roof to my friends and family!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for the kind words this means a lot to the team. I'm glad that your stay was a good one and we would love for you and your friends and family to come and stay. We try to make each sty a good one hope to see you soon.

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tunica, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed before in this Hotel and both times have been satisfied. Desk was very friendly and rooms were clean and bed comfortable. BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW! Wish I had been on front of the building because traffic on highway was noisey.

Room Tip: Request front of building..away from Highway traffic.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us again. I will make sure that I share the review with the team. Next time be sure to ask for a room on the front side of the Inn. We hope to see you soon.

atl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Newly renovated but black mold all over bathroom ceiling. COME ON!

Weird toilet design, I won't elaborate but very uncomfortable.

Beds were ultra soft and spongy. Not a good sleep. Obviously the old beds from back in the day reused.

Shares same lot with a waffle house.. so car door/stereo noise all night long along with shady characters.

Checkin was done through a bulletproof teller glass as the main office is closed at 9 or 10pm. Not sure which. You go in the back where the vending machines are. Somewhat creepy and unprofessional way to run it. Doesn't exactly make you feel safe, does it?

The staff was nice enough though, just that they skipped corners with the reno on this inn. And that teller check in has got to go!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for the review and I'm sorry the we did not meet your expectations. Please know that we try to police the parking lot on our side but the waffle house is hard to deal with sometimes. I'm sorry that you did not like our beds they are the new one that all the other Red Roof Inns have. Please be assured that all these issues have been addressed.

Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I chose this hotel based on previous reviews and high ratings on tripadvisor.
Location is great, the parking lot adjacent to Waffle House. Seemed no other restaurants within walking distance, but just 10 minutes to downtown.
Public transportation is nearby, TARC buses run every 15 minutes on weekdays which can take you directly to downtown or Jefferson Shopping Mall. It's the cheapest way to get around town.

My room was facing busy road (Preston Hwy) it was kind of noisy, still I could sleep well. If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room on the opposite side of the Hwy when you check in.
The room has a Panasonic flat screen TV, microfridge, coffee maker, hair drier, iron/board and a safety box. My only complaint about amenities is there was no box tissue in the room. Just ONE pocket pack of 10 tissues were provided for my entire stay.

The room was clean and looked new but housekeeping service was way below my expectations.
The 2nd day I went out of my room at noon and got back around 6 pm, and the room hasn't been cleaned.
Another day I left a "Staying Red, Going Green" card on my pillow: it meant to request for a full cleaning service. However, apparently they just threw away trash and put some fresh towels, that's it. They didn't even replace a pack of facial tissues or free bottles of water. And I ended up sleeping in the same sheets 4 nights in a row.

The front office staff were kind and helpful. The guy at the front desk apologized for inadequate housekeeping service. He was acting quickly to deal with things.
And the General Manager Jamie Harris - I've talked to him by email though I've never had a chance to meet him during my stay, he was nice and polite.

There are a few hotels/motels in the neighborhood, but the reviews and ratings of those hotels aren't as good as this hotel's. So if you are looking for a clean, affordable hotel in Louisville, I would say this hotel is good value for the price, but don't have high expectations especially about housekeeping.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for doing a review , and thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad Brandon was able to help you during your stay. I have spoken with the housekeeping staff and we have reviewed the expectations that each and every guest has and that is GREAT service. Please come and see us again.

Wausau, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Regulars @R R all over the US, finding clean rooms, friendly service. Rooms smelled of old smoke, it took 3 rooms before one was acceptable. Grounds poorly maintained and staff unfriendly. Avoid!!!!!!

Room Tip: Hurstbourne location was much nicer!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time to do a review, I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please know that this is not the norm for this inn and I will personally make sure to correct these issues.

Arlington, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've never stayed in a Red Roof Inn...I haven't had a good impression of them, often they look run-down and I don't particularly like motels that have rooms that open to the outside. Due to a last minute mix-up, we needed to book a room on a busy Louisville weekend. The pickings were rather slim and I was concerned about this place.

My worries were unfounded! Check-in was efficient and the young man at the counter even gave us great advice about local eateries...he even printed a map! The room was very freshly cleaned, smelled so nice. It was a BRAND NEW room. New laminate floors, fresh paint, new furniture and linens. I've been in rooms that were freshened up with new paint, but this room was like new construction. It was very surprising. When I looked at the photos, I actually thought they probably looked better than the actual room, not so. Our room was NEW. The exterior of the building was fresh as well.

The beds were comfy, the pillows were nice and there were plenty of electric outlets for computers, iPad, and phone chargers. The decor/color scheme/lighting were pleasant and looked more expensive than one would expect in a discount motel.

The hotel is immediately off the interstate and on the edge of a slightly sketchy neighborhood. We stuck to the area between the hotel and the Kentucky Expo Center. No problems at all and the whole time we were there we saw staff cleaning and picking up trash so we never had any sense of insecurity or worry about the parking lot.

Here are my three helpful hints...keep in mind this is a discount motel chain, no free breakfast and no coffee maker in many rooms. We did have a fridge and microwave so you can keep breakfast food in the room and there IS fresh coffee and all the fixings in the lobby. Ask for a room that faces Preston instead of the interstate. We did and our room was perfectly quiet. Lastly, the unit near the door is AC only. For heat you will need to use the thermostat on the wall.

Room Tip: Ask for Preston highway side
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words, the team here tries very hard to make each stay the best they can. I will be sure to let the team know how happy you were. Please come back and visit us again.

Jamie Harris- GM
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Really disappointed. There was hair all over the floor when I checked in and the room was incredibly hot...you have no ability to adjust the heat in your own room. You only get your sheets changed once every 3 days and on the third day maid service totally skipped me so in 4 days my sheets were NEVER changed, my room was never vacuumed, and my bathoom was never cleaned.. The price was $14 more than it said it would be on my reservation. This was a dog show weekend with a hotel filled with dogs but there were no trash receptacles put out so that people could and would clean up after their dogs and the hotel was not doing it. They did not enforce the "No parking here" area which made it very challenging to get out of legit parking places. The front desk staff were very nice...the one shining star of my stay at this Red Roof. I wish their cleaning staff had been half as excellent.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
I'm so sorry that we did not meet you expectations, and that housekeeping did not do their job. Please know that we very hard to make everyone's stay a good one. Thank you for taking the time to do this review. I hope we can better serve you in the future .

Jamie Harris --GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!