“Surprisingly Pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Surprisingly Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Usually stay at places a star or two above the RRI but was only in for one night and the price was right. Outside looked about what I expected. Check in was seemless and the two people there were very nice. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the room. It looked recently remodeled with laminate flooring in high traffic area, new desk/workstation, faux granite bathroom counter and a flat screen TV. I needed and iron and while one wasn't available at the time I called, someone from the desk brought up about 10 min. later. Wi-Fi was easy to log on and speed was OK. Water pressure in shower was fine, bed was comfortable and pillows were firm which was a huge plus. I would come back here again without hesitation if doing the same kind of trip. One last note, it is handy to have a Waffle House right next door.

Room Tip: Not sure when the remodel happened, but ask for one of the re-done rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are so glad we surprised you and that you had a good stay. I will be sure to share this with my team and we do hope to see you back again.

Jamie Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over our anniversary weekend because it was affordable, and we were spending a TON of money on outings in the area... We love the new renovated rooms, especially the hard-wood floors! Brandon (I'm pretty sure that's his name) at the Front Desk was very welcoming and helpful. We asked for extra towels and he brought them to our room within 10 minutes of our request!

The hotel does not offer breakfast but the Waffle house is literally 10 steps away and also has great service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words, I will be sure to share with my team. We want you to come back when you are in the Louisville area.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great place! Affordable rate for newly-renovated rooms. Comfortable beds and clean rooms. Waffle house literally next door and close drive to highways. Easy check-in. The desk clerk was nice and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and we are glad that your stay was a good one. Please make sure if and when you come back to Kentucky you stay with us. I will let my staff know how well they did.

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Me and a friend only had the chance to spend one night here but it was very enjoyable. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are very clean, and the the staff are very helpful and informative. This will definitely be the hotel i choose whenever i drive through or stay in Kentucky.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for making us your go to hotel in Kentucky. We hope that you come and see us again, maybe even for the Kentucky Derby, we would love to have you. I will share this with my staff.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Looked ok at first glance. If I had left a day earlier I wouldn't have seen the roaches. Will not stay there again. Upon check-out I told gentleman behind counter of pest problem. He didn't seem a bit surprised and said nothing else about it. No appologies at the red roof inn, or rate adjustments either.

• Stayed August 2013
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Im so sorry that you had an issue, Please know we have regular monthly pest control here to avoid any issues. If you could please contact me at the inn we could discuss this issue further. We never want anyone to be unhappy.

Jamie Harris-- GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is located approximately 10 minutes away from the Louisville airport. I arrived early and my room was not ready for me to check in. The staff went out of their way to get the room cleaned for me. I found the reception staff to be friendly and courteous. The room was large, clean, with a comfortable king size bed, refrigerator, free Wi-Fi, large flat screen TV, iron and ironing board, and coffee maker. There is a Waffle House directly in front of the hotel which was convenient. A Bob Evans restaurant is about a quarter of mile away also. Plan on having a car if you are going to stay here as it is not conveniently located.to much. Not a bad place overall to stay at.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay, the staff tries very hard to make everyone feel at home. I will make sure to share this with the staff. We hope to see you again when in Louisville.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We enjoyed our stay of four nights at the Red Roof Inn. Our room was updated with hardwood floors, flat screen TV and VERY clean. The front desk was very friendly and very helpful when we had any questions. We will definitely stay there again and again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to share with my staff. We thank you for staying with us every year for the Ky Derby. We hope to see you next year.

Jamie Harris

Been to Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!