“Red Roof Inn On Preston” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4704 Preston Highway, Louisville, KY 40213-2148   |
Ranked #50 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Prospect Heights,
“Red Roof Inn On Preston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in November. As usual, the staff was courteous and the room was well kept. The location by the expressways and the airport is ideal. I have been staying there for years and am always treated extremely well. Compared to other hotels in the area, the Red Roof is certainly a bargain if you are not interested in a pool, fitness center or other amenities which will cost a lot more.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool, but I can't seem to clear that part of the review. I would suggest st...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for the kind words we always love having our return guests. We want everyone that stays here to feel like they are home. Hope to see you soon.

Jamie Harris--GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I booked my reservation through redroof.com, and I guess in doing so, I made a mistake and booked it at the wrong location. Upon arrival, Kristen was very helpful in calling the other location to cancel the reservation so that I could switch to the correct place. Check in went smoothly, and the rooms are amazing! You can't beat the quality of the rooms, especially for the price. Check out was just like check in, Stella was quick and very friendly! Overall, I would recommend this location to anyone needing a place to stay. I'll definitely return!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad the Kristen and Stell were so helpful and made you stay her a good one. Please come back and see us .

Jamie Harris--GM
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was a bit worried that because of its proximity to the airport and the expressway, noise would be a problem. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the rooms are well insulated and, once the door is closed, very quiet. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. No frills such as coffee maker, but that's ok since we wouldn't have used it anyway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us , we do like to hear from our guest's. We hope that when you are back in town that you will again stay with us.

Tank You,

Jamie Harris & Team
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Not only was the experience here good, but I thoroughly enjoyed the planes constantly taking off outside! I stayed up 'til 4:00 in the morning watching the planes and that alone made this an exceptional hotel to stay at! I just wish I had a camera, but other than that it was a good time because the staff was reasonably friendly, the ice machine was close, and we got extra shampoos and soaps when we ran low. Overall a wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the west side nearest the runway!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for the kind words, we are glad that you enjoyed you stay so much. The next time you are in Louisville don't forget the camera, and all will be good. We hope to see you again.

Jamie Harris & Team at Red Roof Inn 118
Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This has to be one of the cleanest Red Roofs I have ever been in. We were down for the cattle show and this was the only room we could locate at last minute. Good selection. Rooms were clean and no carpet on the floors, wood, this was so nice no dirty carpets. We needed extra towels as we had four of us in the party, they were very helpful.
We were charged for the safe on the bill, which we never used, other than that very good.

Room Tip: There is Waffle House in the same parking lot. Loud resturant, but quick food, and always busy!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. The team here works hard to make every guest's stay a good one. We are so glad that you like the new rooms here. If you will contact me at 502-968-0151 i will be able to remove the safe charges for your stay. We hope to see you again.

Jamie Harris-- GM and the team at Red Roof Inn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here in early October and I will NEVER make that mistake again. The staff was overall horrid, and there were drunks and druggies outside every night. Apparently management needs to be replaced because the people working the desk were absolutely clueless. The young man that checked me in seemed a little confused as to what to do, and the woman in the morning was just completely rude!
I've tried to contact management and never received a reply. So, just a warning, if you think about staying here, be wary.

• Stayed October 2012
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
I'am so sorry that you had a problem on your stay with us. I do apologize for your unpleasant stay and wanted you to know that i will address the issues in a professional manner. Please contact me !
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My overall experience was definitely a good one. All of the staff are very friendly and the rooms are very comfortable. Everything is very clean, there's a wide range of television channels, and the free wifi is very convenient. I would recommend this location to anybody looking for a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
jharris62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for the kind words, we try hard to make every guests stay a fantastic one. We hope that when you are in town again that you will choose to stay here with us. Again thank you for staying at Red Roof Inn.

Been to Red Roof Inn Louisville Airport? Share your experiences!