“Almost Excellent just one minor thing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Louisville East

You added Red Roof Inn Louisville East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Louisville East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9330 Blairwood Road, Louisville, KY 40222-5737 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #36 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Campbellsville, Kentucky
“Almost Excellent just one minor thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

After staying here for work for two weeks in August of 2012 and being very pleased I had absolutely NO problem in booking a three night work related stay in February 2013.

I didn't get to check in until after midnight on February 13th but the desk clerk was very friendly and my room request of being on the second floor and in the first building were honored. I booked directly through the hotel website and made this request.

Per my usual routine, I went up to the room before unloading my luggage and inspected for bedbugs and cleanliness. The only issue whatsoever was when I looked underneath the bed there were food crumbs and a piece of a saltine cracker that was a decent size corner chunk. But with no signs of bedbugs or other insects, and based on the cleanliness of the room and bathroom, I unloaded my bags for a three night stay.

Although the rooms aren't huge, they are comfortable with a built in desk, desk lamp and comfortable desk chair. There's also a seperate lounge chair along with a refrigerator, microwave and a safe in the King rooms. They charge you $1.50 per night for the safe but they will remove that charge at check out if you inform them that you do not use the safe.

Very nice flatscreen TV's although the remotes are a little bit slow when changing channels (due to the brand of TV, not the hotel).

On Thursday I stopped by the office for a cup of coffee before leaving for work and informed the desk attendant that underneath the bed needed to be vaccumed. She told me that they had recently had a meeting with the housekeeping staff discussing that very thing and that she would tell the person cleaning my room to make sure it was done that day.

Guess what? When I came back on Thursday night at 11pm the crumbs and stuff were still under the bed, despite the fact housekeeping had been there and left fresh towels, made the bed, etc. I decided it wasn't that big of an issue since I wasn't sleeping under the bed and the rest of the room was very clean and I checked again on Friday night, it was still there.

I reported it to the desk upon checkout this morning and the desk attendant remembered me from Thursday and said that she had told the housekeeper in English and Spanish on Thursday to do it and she would make sure it was done today.

That's the ONLY complaint at all I have and it's so minor it didn't really bother me. However, I know some people are particularly picky about this sort of thing so I wanted to give everyone a heads up. I am fairly confident if I had really made a huge deal of it they'd have sent someone right up to vaccum.

As I wrote in a previous review, it can be a little hard to find this hotel if it's your first time. Once you exit the Expressway (I64) go to the traffic light in front of Olive Garden. Hang a left there and then at the end of the short street by Olive Garden hang another left. At the end of that street (across from Waffle House) turn right and the property is on your left at the end of the street. The street dead ends into Blairwood Country Cllub and there are very nice gated apartments across the street from the property. There are also several quality chains of hotels down this street (Drury, Baymont, Days Inn and a Courtyard) and it's a very low traffic area and is super quiet. In fact, I did not hear any outside sound AT ALL during this stay as I was in room 203 which is one room away from the end of the building.

There are still no irons or ironing boards and this would be a very nice thing (and fairly inexpensive I'd think) to add for guest comfort. So make sure you bring along your own iron and buy one of those small cheap travel size ironing boards, or bring some Downey Wrinkle Release. I'd really like to suggest that the hotel provide irons and ironing boards if possible.

Parking close to your room can be difficult, especially if you get in late at night and are on the side of the hotel facing Days Inn. There's not a lot of parking on that side so you usually have to go around the building and park on outside row facing the Country Club. Not really a big deal as the parking lot is well lit.

The exterior walkways and stairways are well lit as well. But watch out for an old style air conditioner sticking out of the wall about five feet up and 18-20 inches out from the wall on the second floor landing of the first building. I can imagine if someone wasn't paying attention or comes in having had one too many this could result in a nice head bump.

The desk staff is super friendly here and I absolutely have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone. I plan to stay again in August for my two weeks of work that's an annual thing and may stay again early next month as I'll be back for a conference. Until something happens to convince me otherwise, this property has become my "go to place" to stay when I have to be in Louisville overnight.

Granted, it's not a Hilton or even a Holiday Inn...but it's plenty nice enough especially for the rate and the beds are super comfortable and when I'm in town for business my nights are always late so all I want is a clean, quiet and safe place to sleep. This place gets all that and then some and I have no problem returning again and again or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I will be sharing your comments with my staff.
I am very pleased that you have chose us to be your go to place when you come to Louisville. And we look forward to seeing you when you return
Sondra Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lawrenceburg, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked this room through the hotel website and got a very good rate. The customer relations representatives were very friendly during both check-in and check-out. The rooms are nice and the bed was comfortable. I like this location as it is close to many good places to eat and there is a convenience store just down the street. This was a Sunday night so the hotel was not crowded and the outside noise was minimal. I was not impressed with the ice machine as it produced ice that was almost "crushed" as opposed to cubes. I will stay at this hotel again when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your comments
We look forward to seeing you again when you return

O'Brien, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Got checked in around 8pm, and we have a dually with a 30' trailer. So we always try to find a place on the property to park before checking in. We found a spot in the far back and asked for a room close to the truck. WHAT WAS I THINKIN'.. The room was great updated, clean, work station and couldn't ask for a better price. But after a couple of beers and done with my work, off went the TV and there it was "traffic" noise. After mid-nite is did slow down. But other then that the motel was a nice place. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay here again, but in a room further away from I-64.

Room Tip: Stay in a room that is closer to office.. Less I-64 traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to write a review.
I appreciate your comments and will share them with the rest of my staff
We look forward to seeing you when you return, and will do our best to provide you with a room
away from the expressway

Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

A friend and I recently stayed at the RR Inn East in Louisville, KY. As always, the room was clean; but to our surprise there was no bedding. The desk clerk, working alone, made sure the problem was rectified in a timely manner while also dealing with incoming calls and customers checking in. Jayme was an excellent ambassador for RR Inn's. She was energetic, efficient and very cordial. I have stayed at this location for over 8 years and will return.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so a lower level room would be easier to navigate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to write a review
I am very sorry that the beds were not made at the time of your arrival
It makes me very happy to hear that Jayme provided such excellent service
I will be sure to share your positive words with her.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've stayed at Red Roof Inn several nights, rooms were clean,great friendly service..After a long week on the road,having a clean room and friendly service is great! Thanks Jayme! kinda feels like home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your positive words
I am happy to hear that you received great service and that it felt like home!!
We look forward to your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Our experience with this location was a positive one. We travel for a living and use Red Roof often. The only hiccup was the young man at booking made an offhand remark about my home state of Alabama of which I'm quite fond. This was reported to manager who handled the situation very professional like. The room was spotless and smelled fresh. The area is very safe. Eating establishments within easy walking distance. Pleasant experience and will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review
I do apologize for the off comment made about your home state and can insure you that this
will never happen again.
I appreciate your kind words and will share them with my staff
We strive everyday to improve our guest experience during there stay here.
And we look forward to your return!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at Red Roof, Blairwood for 4 nights and I couldn't have been happier. It was clean as a whistle, in a safe neighborhood, nice and quiet, pleasant staff. We had no problems at all. We also had a mini refrig and a microwave. I plan to book this motel when next in Louisville. It was absolutely a great value and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Mind you, it isn't a luxury hotel or motel, but you certainly won't be paying those kind of prices either.

Room Tip: You can request a refrig and microwave.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof7034, Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to post a review
I appreciate your feedback as we strive everyday to ensure
our guest have a clean room and great service.
We look forward to your return
Sondra Williams GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Louisville East? Share your experiences!