“Great place,price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Louisville East

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Louisville East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Louisville East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9330 Blairwood Road, Louisville, KY 40222-5737 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #29 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great place,price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I've stayed at Red Roof Inn several nights, rooms were clean,great friendly service..After a long week on the road,having a clean room and friendly service is great! Thanks Jayme! kinda feels like home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your positive words
I am happy to hear that you received great service and that it felt like home!!
We look forward to your return.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Our experience with this location was a positive one. We travel for a living and use Red Roof often. The only hiccup was the young man at booking made an offhand remark about my home state of Alabama of which I'm quite fond. This was reported to manager who handled the situation very professional like. The room was spotless and smelled fresh. The area is very safe. Eating establishments within easy walking distance. Pleasant experience and will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review
I do apologize for the off comment made about your home state and can insure you that this
will never happen again.
I appreciate your kind words and will share them with my staff
We strive everyday to improve our guest experience during there stay here.
And we look forward to your return!

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at Red Roof, Blairwood for 4 nights and I couldn't have been happier. It was clean as a whistle, in a safe neighborhood, nice and quiet, pleasant staff. We had no problems at all. We also had a mini refrig and a microwave. I plan to book this motel when next in Louisville. It was absolutely a great value and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Mind you, it isn't a luxury hotel or motel, but you certainly won't be paying those kind of prices either.

Room Tip: You can request a refrig and microwave.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof7034, Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to post a review
I appreciate your feedback as we strive everyday to ensure
our guest have a clean room and great service.
We look forward to your return
Saint Robert, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Photos on website lead you to believe this is a nice, clean, updated modern hotel. This place is a low class, dirty, run-down road-side motel. My reaction as I drove up: OMG. Late booking forced me to stay here--big mistake. Reservation was made on-line using my wife's credit card. Since she was not travelling with me, they would not allow me to check in when I arrived--major hassle; had to pay for the room on my debit card. Higher class hotels do not do this. This low-class dump does presumably because the clientele they serve like to skip out on paying the bill. At sunset on the first night, hotel guests were literally hanging outside their doors smoking cigarettes and drinking beer. Next morning, beer cans were strewn all over grass outside. I was certain that as soon as I left my room, it was going to be ransacked by the very suspicious non-english speaking persons loitering all over the property.

Room Tip: Best rooms are located in another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
redroof7034, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Louisville East, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I am very sorry that you felt uncomfortable during your stay here.
Most of our guest find our hotel to be clean, well maintained, and safe.
We check Id's to make sure the credit card matches the guest checking into the hotel
for your safety and security.
Again, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations if you are in the area again
please give us another try.
Campbellsville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn Louisville East for two weeks while in town on business.

When I first checked in, I was given a room on the second floor, which is what I'd requested. However, upon getting my keys and heading to the room, the door would not open with either key. After repeated uses I went back to the desk to have the keys "re-keyed".

A quick trip back up the steps and I had the same results. Everytime I'd try to open the door, I'd insert the key (which is not a key card but more like a computer chip on the end of a black piece of plastic) I'd get three flashes and beeps and the door would not unlock. Finally, it did and I went in and checked out the room for bedbugs and cleanliness.

The room was clean and passed my inspection so I went back down to get my luggage. After making the trip back upstairs the door would not open yet again!!!!!!!! I had to take all my luggage back down and put in the car and go back to get the keys "re-keyed" again at the office. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING when I say this happened a total of SIX times before the desk clerk finally moved me to a room on the first floor.

Much to my surprise, the first floor door opened on the first try. Again I inspected the room and found it clean and much to my satisfaction, except for a musty, mildew odor. I'd brought my own air freshener (you remember such things when you plan for two week stays). The left light above the bed didn't work and I reported it to the front desk and the attendant assured me it would be repaired the next day.

So this is where the irritation begins. Every day when housekeeping would enter the room, it would deactivate the lock. Which means that every night I'd have to go to the desk and have my key "re-keyed" after working 14-16 hour days. Now granted, this only took like five minutes, but after a grueling day at work on my feet the last thing I wanted was to have to hike to the desk and put up with this.

This went on for the entire FIRST WEEK, yes SEVEN nights. At one point, the desk clerk even came to my room one evening and couldn't open the door with his "Green Key" and said "We will have to call maintenance and he will probably have to bust out the window to get in". I asked him to re-key my keys and he did, and guess what? They worked like always.

Finally, after the seventh night, they decided to have maintenance come take a look at the lock and I was told they had to replace the entire assembly because it was malfunctioning and only recognizing a key for one day.

The light never got fixed, despite repeated requests.

All in all it was clean, the bed was comfortable and the hotel is in a safe area. There were, as others have said, several Mexican's who were roofers or electricians that were there every night standing around outside drinking beer or even grilling out. Most nights it was after 11pm before I got to the room and most nights, with the exception of 3 of the 14, I was able to park right outside my door. The other three nights I had to park just across the drive from the building in the parking lot. It was quiet and the street the hotel is on dead ends into apartments and a "country club". There are several hotels around it as well (Baymont, Drury, etc) and never once did I feel unsafe as I have at other places in Louisville.

As some reviews have stated, it can be confusing to try to get to the hotel. Once you are off I 64 onto Hurtsborne, make a left turn at the traffic light by Olive Garden. At the end of that short street, turn left and then at the end of that street by Bob Evans turn right. It leads you right to the hotel on the left. Getting out and onto the Interstate is easier than getting back in at night, but I will say that the location and the secureness of it makes it worth the extra work to get to the place.

There was a mini fridge and a microwave, along with a safe in the room. You are charged $1.50 per day for the safe. I never used the microwave or the safe. THERE IS NOT AN IRON OR IRONING BOARD provided in the room so bring your own or some Downey Wrinkle Release spray.

There are new flat screen tvs...the boxes were outside by a storage container in the parking lot so these tvs aren't but a couple weeks old at the most.

For the price, it was definitely worth it. In previous years I've stayed during this time period at Extended Stay America and In Town Suites and neither offer housekeeping and neither have the "secure" feeling or cleanliness this place has.

My only hesitation in returning would be due to the slow response time on the whole door lock situation. That should've been handled in a day or two, NOT A WEEK. However, I didn't want to get to out of sorts with the desk clerks because I knew I was stuck there for two weeks and might need assistance so I just played the patience card.

I will consider it again next year at the same time, but I will also likely check out the Baymont next door and the Drury across the street before booking. However, it is a decent enough place to stay and the desk staff is friendly. If you're looking for a clean place for a night or two I wouldn't hesitate to say go here. But, perhaps if it's a longer stay, look for something a bit nicer.

Room Tip: I was in the front building, away from the Interstate so I heard no noise. It was also a fairly sho...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here one night. This was obviously an older property. Very Motel 6 looking.
Room was fine, clean. There was a couple of things that kind of bugged me.

1. when I checked in there was an odor...Like someone forgot to use their right guard that day.
Very unpleasant.
2. A BBQ sitting outside one of the rooms. I never thought someone was actually using it. They did.
3. Not sure if this was funny or weird. But a guy shucking oysters right outside his room.
And I'm talking about a lot of them.
I never thought this sort of activity was allowed on properties. Personally I don't want to get the room the oyster guy had before.

Oh, construction crews seem to use this property from what I see.
That might influence your decision.

Room Tip: Construction crews seem to use this property from what I see. Might
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Omaha, NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I spent a week at this hotel and found it spartan, but adequate, and well-situated. It is a bare-bones establishment and the price reflects that. No fridge, no pool, only one ice machine for the whole place. But the room was clean, couldn't hear a peep from neighboring rooms, and I didn't have to spend a lot for a place to sleep.

And if you don't like the working poor, this isn't the place for you. Most of the other clientele consisted of migrant roofers who worked all day and were put up there by their employers. Most of them spoke Spanish. I returned to the motel one evening and there were probably 20 or so hanging out on the balcony, talking on their cell phones, chatting with each other, or just leaning on the railing having a coke, a beer, or a cigarette. But they were unfailingly polite, and made little if any noise the entire time I was there.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat if I were looking for an inexpensive, clean room at a bargain-basement price. But it's robably not where you want to go if you're accustomed to the amenities and prices at the Four Seasons.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Louisville East? Share your experiences!