“Better than expected, but no kleenex!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Louisville East

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Louisville East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Louisville East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9330 Blairwood Road, Louisville, KY 40222-5737 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #31 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Greenwood, Indiana
“Better than expected, but no kleenex!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

I'll admit I usually don't stay at Red Roofs, but with the price of gas still sky high, something has to give. It is a basic "no frills" motel, but that said it was clean, quiet, comfortable, and the area seemed safe. The staff at the front desk was friendly and I was pleased they accomodated the requests I had for type/location of my room. There are several restaurants nearby including Olive Garden and Bob Evans which was convenient.

The rooms are very basic and do not have a hair dryer or iron/iron board. The oddest thing to me was that they also did not have any kleenex in the rooms! All motel rooms trigger my allergies and I had to settle for using toilet paper in place of kleenex.

I would stay again, especially if gas prices don't decrease soon. It would be good for those who are just looking for a place to sleep that is clean and reasonably priced. It's just the basics, but it is the basics done well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn - Louisville East - for a total of 3 nights. We selected the Inn because of its price and location. This is not the type of lodging we usually select; however, because we were going to be in the room so little during our visit to Louisville, we figured there wasn't much sense in spending money for amenities we wouldn't be using.

The Red Roof Inn was comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. The rooms have the sink and vanity outside a separate room for the toilet and shower. Oddly, there was a safe in the room, but no hair dryer. Also, unfortunately, though we requested (and received) a non-smoking room, the fumes from neighboring rooms infiltrated ours. The smell was rather overpowering at times.

The Inn is located outside of downtown Louisville, but interstate access just around the corner makes getting into and out of the city a breeze.

There is free coffee in the lobby; however, if you dislike styrofoam cups, you'd best bring your own mug along. There is no free breakfast at the Inn but restaurants are plentiful in the area, including a Bob Evans within easy walking distance.

Again, if you plan to spend a lot of time in your room (want a great selection of TV channels, the option of pay-per-view, a refrigerator, microwave, comfortable table and several chairs for lounging), the Red Roof Inn should most assuredly not be at the top of your list. If, on the other hand, you basically need a place to sleep, shower and change while visiting the Louisville area, this is a good, affordable choice with friendly employees at the front desk.

Room Tip: Exterior room access. Second floor is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2011
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

No fee pet hotel is great! Some places charge up to $25 a night. This place didn't. The room was clean and cozy and modern looking. The lobby was welcoming and the staff was very personable. I will check out other Red Roofs along my travels.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Union, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I am one who doesn't want to pay a fortune to sleep. I had never been to a Red Roof Inn before and I was amazed at the value. My room was clean and looked newly renovated (which I found out was almost four years prior). They had free Wi-Fi, cable tv,and even an office area in the room. That is all I look for and only set me back 59.99. Can't beat it!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Room was small but very clean and nicely decorated. Finishes are better than one might expect (e.g., marble counter). Staff was very friendly and helpful. Manager lowered price based on a special rate I was unaware of. No hair dryer, refrigerator, iron, or microwave, but I did not need these things. Has free wireless high-speed internet and some premium movie channels included for free on TV. Stayed here in 2008, as well, and was equally satisfied. Room was a bit musty with A/C off, but fine once the room cooled down (Louisville in July is hot and humid).

In short, an excellent bargain if you want basic accommodations for 1 or 2 people.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Tulsa, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

We arrived very late at night after driving for 10 hours with 7 of us in a mini van..so we were pooped! We got three rooms, one room had dirty sheets stacked in the corner, the other two seemed to be okay. Beds were comfortable! Our shower was awesome (we had a deluxe king room) but the other two rooms showers were not so great ( 2 rooms with 2 full beds). The rooms were HOT when we arrived...I read that it is part of their "green" program- not wasting resources but these rooms were not just warm...they were to the point of sweating. Two of the three rooms never did cool off properly. Desk clerks said they would let housekeeping know about the sheets and the day clerk apologized for the warm rooms but we were not offered anything for the troubles.

Also- for those handicap people (one of which we had with us) - there is NO ELELVATOR! I would still probably stay here again if just passing through and it was not the middle of summer!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Clay City, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We have stayed in various hotels across the United States, and Red Roof is usually one of our favorites. We asked for a smoking room and usually a smoking room smells horrible, but this one smelled nice, was very clean and the king size bed was heavenly. We woke up the next morning feeling refreshed, even though we didn't really want to get up!! :) I always look for deals in the travel coupon magazines in rest areas and usually end up staying at a Red Roof Inn. The people are always very friendly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Louisville East? Share your experiences!